[NL20-NL50] NL50 - JJ 3b pot oop

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey all

Another tough spot imo.

PF is std. The caller looks like a regular over a small sample.. Kind of taggish but can't say much over 60hands.

I think people call my sqz with AJs, AQs, AK, TT-QQ and some KK+. Also KQs probably. And that's it.

On this flop there is not much value so I like to check/call and get a bet from AJ/AQ/AK/KQ. I also want some potcontrol.

My plan on the turn would be to check/fold if he bets. Partially because his range is really tight. And also because not many people have the balls to fire again. Would you agree here?

On the river there is obv no value but I also think he has like AQ or AK a lot (just 1 pair). So is there any point in shoving? I think it would be spewy if he doesn't fold 2 pair? I wasn't sure he would so.. We have blockers for the nuts though

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2174480
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $78.67
      Hero (SB): $63.65
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $83.11
      MP: $51.50
      CO: $64.48

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with J :heart: J :club:
      1 fold, MP raises to $1.75, CO calls $1.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $6.50, 1 fold, MP calls $4.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($15.25) 6 :diamond: 2 :club: T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $8.15, Hero calls $8.15

Turn: ($31.55) Q :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($31.55) K :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $15.62, Hero folds
  • 7 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Assuming villain doesn't have AK in his range, IMO he's mostly repping KQ to me. I think there's the potential of villain turning some 88 into a bluff

Flop: I think having c/c JJ here sometimes is fine though I prefer betting
      Turn: I think folding here is way too weak when our hand is massively underrepresented.

Possible thought process

Flop: He bets here for protection/thin value vs Ace high

Turn: Checks back on this bad card

River: The king is a bad card for him but you check again. he assumes you would lead the river with AK, so now he starts putting you on a hand like TX or 99 and decides to turn 88 into a bluff.

I may be wrong, but i kind of feel like our hand is massively underrepresented and i feel like calling here. He could certainly have KQ and AQ here, and it's also true that people rarely take the bet check bet line as a bluff but in this case i think it's possible.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I'm pretty sure he folds 88 preflop.

His callingrange for such a huge 3bet is normally something like AK, AQs, KQs, JJ-QQ, (KK+) and that's it. Maybe AJs, QJs and TT.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      "I'm pretty sure he folds 88 preflop."

Most normal calling ranges include 88-TT in them. And typically people prefer defending 88 to AJs/KQs because 88 has some set value and some SD value on lower boards
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hmmm that's also why you prefer betting on the flop I guess?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      1. JJ is strong enough to value bet

2. JJ is vulnerable. If you want to check something for balance, use it with monsters like TT/AA/KK. There are 3 bad cards which could come on the Turn which is around 25% of the deck (Q/K/A)

3. AK is never folding on the Flop -> 1 is true
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      So then we're pbb playing: bet flop, x/c turn, x/f(or c) river?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I think we can bet F check/call T check/fold R. Our Turn c/c is mainly to bluff catch vs AK being turned into a bluff.