This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 fast 9Jo

• SepOwnage
      SepOwnage
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.04 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

SB: 148.75 BB (VPIP: 38.46, PFR: 5.17, 3Bet Preflop: 1.92, Hands: 119)
      Hero (MP): 198.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9:club: J:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, fold

In a fastforward game so I just try to steal loosely

Flop: (7 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond: J:spade: 3:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 4 BB, SB calls 4 BB

Toppair so I cbet for protection

Turn: (15 BB, 2 players) 4:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 7 BB, SB calls 7 BB

Only hands that improve are 4x. I guess it's ok to cbet here against overcards/flushdraws

River: (29 BB, 2 players) J:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 10 BB, SB raises to 134.75 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 124.75 BB

River comes a J so I have my full house. Only things beating me is JJ, 44, right? So is it ok to call this all-in? Flushes completed, 33 has worse FH, so does 4x..

Hero shows 9:club: J:heart: (Full House, Jacks full of Fours) (Pre 49%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      SB shows 4:spade: 4:club: (Four of a Kind, Fours) (Pre 51%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)
      SB wins 283.75 BB
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: This is way too loose. While you are playing in fast forward, this is NL4 after all. Everyone is going to be looser than optimal, and I don't think you should be stealing from MP.

Flop: Standard bet here. I think a check is also fine. Our hand can only go for 2 streets of value at most, unimproved.

Turn: I'll just check here, our kicker is kind of weak. I wouldn't mind betting KJ and AJ again though.

River: I like the small bet to get a thin call from a hand like 88. Once we get raised this is pretty sick but I'm never folding. I expect to be splitting most of the time.

We lose to one combo of 44, and we are chopping with AJ KJ QJ JT J9 which is like 15-20 combos. Despite the odds being extremely unfavourable I think it's kind of difficult to fold here.

Him having flushes and 33/4X is very irrelevant, he would never play all those in this manner unless he's REALLY bad. I also think he could be bluffing some small % of the time.

Thanks.