[NL2-NL10] NL4 fast 22

• SepOwnage
      SepOwnage
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.04 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: 87.25 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 27.78, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 18)
      Hero (MP): 272.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 2:diamond: 2:club:

Raise with pair for blindsteal and setmining. BTN calls but doesn't have a full stack so is likely a fish.

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

I flop a full house but since it's a dry board I decide to check. Villain sees this as a sign of weakness and bets. Only JJ and J2 (nobody coldcalls that?) beat me.

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) 2:spade: J:heart: J:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB

8. Now also 88 and J8 (nobody coldcalls that?) beat me. I c/r but now think c/c would be better since I want possible flushdraws to hit.

Turn: (13.5 BB, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 3 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, BTN calls 7 BB

9. Flushdraws missed but J9/99 hit. Should I just c/c in this position? I realize my AI is a huge overplay :f_frown:

River: (33.5 BB, 2 players) 9:spade:
      Hero bets 18.75 BB, BTN raises to 37.5 BB, Hero raises to 256.5 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 33.75 BB and is all-in

BTN shows 9:club: 9:diamond: (Full House, Nines full of Jacks) (Pre 82%, Flop 17%, Turn 9%)
      Hero shows 2:diamond: 2:club: (Full House, Twos full of Jacks) (Pre 18%, Flop 83%, Turn 91%)
      Hero wins 0 BB
      BTN wins 167.25 BB
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think we have a very easy bet 3 streets for value and if we get raised at any point in time, you can either shove or call to induce.

I see absolutely no reason to take your line. The full house you have flopped here is very different from having KK on a KQQ board, where most hands have to fold to a Flop cbet. When you cbet 22 on 2JJ, there are a ton of worse hands which can call you.

Besides, if you check here with such a monster, it just means that you are betting all your air hands on the Flop and checking all your strong ones, making an imbalance in your range. Maybe balance isn't too important at NL4 and you can strive for the best vacuum play for every hand, but I still think the best vacuum play is to bet.