[NL2-NL10] C-betting?

• InTheZ0ne
      InTheZ0ne
      Bronze
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($18.63)
      SB ($11.94)
      Hero (BB) ($18.09)
      UTG ($13.22)
      MP ($5.35)
      CO ($12.74)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K
      2 folds, CO bets $0.30, Button calls $0.30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.30, 1 fold, Button calls $1

Flop: ($2.95) 2, J, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, Button calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.95) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($5.95) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

Total pot: $5.95 | Rake: $0.27

Results below:

Button had 10, J (one pair, Jacks).
      Hero had A, K (high card, Ace).
      Outcome: Button won $5.68

vs unknown flatter, C-betting okey, or not & why?
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop since you are OOP and you are deeper, I'd make it $1.4-$1.5.

On this flop, I would just check/fold. This board hits villains calling range quite good and I doubt we have enough fold equity to justify a bet here.
      Also, if we hit A or K on the turn, we are quite likely to not have the best hand and value town ourselves.

Best,
      Plamen
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      I think cb is fine on he flop. While the board connects well with his range it also connects well with ours and we have many outs. I don't think he's betting as a bluff and he could fold better hands small pocket pairs. The bet also sets up for a bigger pot when we hit our top pair or straight.

Turn - once he calls flop he probably has a pair or draw which is unlikely to fold so we can check and give up and call small bets. the flush also completed and i think he would bet the flush here.

River - I think we can actually bet here as a bluff. I don't think flush would slow play the turn so what he has left here is pairs and draws and we can fold out all of it that does not have a flush.

Cgf