Real heavy downswing

• Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Yesterday (Friday), I was in such a downswing that I lost 8 full stacks (probably I lost 1 stack because of bad play after previous loses due to bad luck) It was my first experience with such "real" downswing. I was afraid to play when I had AA because I lost with them every time and almost always I was all-in preflop (and once I hit a set).

Hopefully, it is over now.

Can someone tell me, how often does this usually happen?
  • 8 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Do you play fr or sh?

Depends on your style, I guess)
      but 8 stacks is not that much, will happen once in a while
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      In SH you can have even bigger downswing. It happens because you take coinflip all-ins on flop or you never let go TPTK or overpair hands.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I play either 3 FR and 1 SH or occacionally 2FR and 2 SH. Now, I will play just 4 FR for a while.

And yes, one stack I lost because of overpair.

Once in a while means once a month or something more positive?
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      If you lost 8 full stacks in FR then you probably have problem with folding fast enough or you are just extremly unlucky. I recommend posting hands in evaluation section.

edit: for me once in a while means once a week but im playing SH and im donking idiot :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      ^^

+1 to posting hands obv

for me it means even more frequently, since i play HU and love gambling :D
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I think I was extremly unlucky since I use to lose cca 2 stacks in total but I win 6 stacks (I played poker 1 or 2 evenings a week with net profit of 4 stacks), but last Friday.

And I do post some hands - those with which I lost litle more :)
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      And one more question...

At NL25 (both FR and SH), my winrate is 7.4 BB (18945 played hands) - before that unlucky downswing, it was 8,4 BB (14698 played hands).

At NL25 FR, my winrate is 7,3 BB (15519 played hands) - before that downswing, it was 9,6 BB (12362 played hands).

Are these statistics good?
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Finally, stream of bad luck is over (I am back to 8,4 BB winrate). Now, pocket aces like me once again and my pocket jacks get much action if I hit a set with them :)