Eat, pray, love, play poker

• Kris33
      Kris33
      Global

This post is to say hello to everyone! I’ve decided to start my own poker blog and as this is its very beginning)

Me
      I’m a 23, from Belarus. Few people abroad know about this country but it’s worth being visited because of beautiful nature and kind people.
      I have some hobbies of course and I’ll tell about them in next posts. Right now you can have a look at my photo, this is me and one of my tattoos, oh yeah, I like tattoos very much and have some)
      I’m a freelancer so there’s no need to wake up early in the morning, go to office, stay there till 5-6 p.m., watch TV in the evening and the next day repeat it again. Fuck yeah! I do things when I want and whenI’m able to.

Me and poker
      For the first time I played poker 4 years ago with guys at a party not for money but just for matches :tongue: Then I tried an online game and spent some months playing for virtual money. I played all days and nights long, it was a great experience! I didn’t try to upgrade my skills, just trusted an intuition.
      I haven’t played for nearly 2 years but some time ago I felt an interest again and a serious thought to start playing came to me. Luckily one of my friends offered me a help so now he teaches me many different interesting poker things.
      http://macropoker.com/ru/stats#q:pokernick=kris+drunk&room=1&type=&buyinstart_choose=&buyinstart=&buyinend_choose=&buyinend=&period=&datestart=&dateend=&pokertype=&maxplayersstart=&maxplayersend=&speed=&other=&rakeback=

Me and goals for April
      During last months I was passionately waiting for a spring and now, when it’s warm again, I’m full of energy and wanna do many cool things! I’ve set some goals for April and step by step achieve them!
      1. To change a hairstyle and maybe do some light body modification (tattoopiercing);
      2. To restart visiting French classes;
      3. To try playing oriental drums!
      4. To begin reading Freudian “Psychoanalysis”;
      5. To have more parties with strangers – I’m a bit tired of my so-called friends;
      6. To purchase a new bike! And ride more than in previous years;
      7. To make piece not war) Sometimes I practice volunteering.

What concerns poker, there’re some objectives either:
      1. Play minimum 200 SNGs with ROI at least 10 %;
      2. To find out with my coach what starts are better to display and how to operate them;
      3. To find out is the SNG Wizard a useful tool for a serious SNG player.
      4. Try to find cool layout to play more comfortable (my coach recommended me)
      5. To play 4 tables simultaneously. Can I? ))

Stay in touch!

P.s. and my lucky tattoo ))
  • 26 replies
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      girls with tatttoo. extremely hot! good luck!
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Welcome to blog, nice first post :)

Volume goals in poker are fine, but setting profit goals is somewhat questionable. Variance in 200 sng game is huge and you may have 30% or -10% ROI after those games and it doesnt tell much of your edge on the field.

Sngwiz is nice tool to have for analyzing. I would recommend to play 2 tables at beginning if you dont feel comfortable with 4. But you said you have earlier poker experience so 4 tabling might not be problem at all.
    • Kris33
      Kris33
      Global
      Thanks.

ghaleon, good advices, thank you. I use sng wizard, really it's a great tool for my skills :)
    • ikkvr
      ikkvr
      Bronze
      This blog will fly off In no time :D A Beautiful girl with a tatoo playing poker A rare sight :) Welcome and Gl for ur goals
    • Kris33
      Kris33
      Global
      Hi there!
      First of all thanks for your comments and really useful advices. I certainly take them into consideration!

Wanna tell u smth about success with poker and life goals=)
      I try to play poker as much as possible, but now there’s much work and less time. But nevertheless I’m on the way to achieving the goals: have played a part of desired game amount; work with statistics; training with SNG Wizard – I found this tool really useful - It helped me to remember the chart of hands and an algorithm of playing on a preflop. Still I haven’t tried multitabling more than 2 tables – gonna try it in some days.

Sure it’s still difficult for me to play well, but I find all mistakes as an experience – but it’s important to remember them and not repeat again in future.

What about life achievements) some of ‘April goals’ are in process yet! I started reading Freud, changed a haircut and begun playing oriental drums. Not much, but there’s still a week left)

The spring has finally come, I’d even say it’s almost a summer – some days were really hot! At the weekend I accidently got at the ‘shaslyki’ – that is how barbeque is called in Belarus) going in the country is always awesome!
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      I don't believe those two pictures are of a same woman.
    • Kris33
      Kris33
      Global
      Well, I continue playing :) And i feel that poker involves me more and more each day, it's like those days when i first tried online game and i liked it so much that was playing days and nights long non-stop) It was like a drug. But as i wasn't upgrading skills, it was kind a strange way of playing))
      Now everything's so different, during last weeks I've knew so much about poker! And I see that day after day this small part of information that i've been given takes its own place in my head and begin working for well - i play much better .
      But still i cannot stop making different stupid mistakes like playing with hands that are not acceptable in SnG, or stubbornly continue betting while it's time to fold. I like making quick decisions sooo much! But the next time i'm afraid to push with bad cards forgetting that they can win too.
      At the same time I learn to read players and adapt to them my style of playing. I feel when there's an opportunity for steal. Already play at 3 tables))
      So, everything's going well and my coach is agree :f_grin:
    • Kris33
      Kris33
      Global
      LudiCoka, yea, they're a bit different :tongue:
      But although it's me
    • Kris33
      Kris33
      Global
      I like nature so much!
      I was so excited being in a forest at first time this spring :]
    • kalychko
      kalychko
      Bronze
      Will follow this blog with interest, good luck at the tables :)
    • Kris33
      Kris33
      Global
      kalychko, thaaanks;)
    • Kris33
      Kris33
      Global
      hello, guys, can someone help me? where can i find learning materials for Heads up? I still have few ideas how to play right at that tournament part :rolleyes:

ps. multitabling (4 tables) - WOW! still cannot get used to )
    • Kris33
      Kris33
      Global
      I like this song. also it's about a card player :D

Sting - Shape Of My Hearts
      He deals the cards as a meditation
      And those he plays never suspect
      He doesn't play for the money he wins
      He doesn't play for respect

He deals the cards to find the answer
      The sacred geometry of chance
      The hidden laws of a probable outcome
      The numbers lead a dance

I know that the spades are the swords of a soldier
      I know that the clubs are weapons of war
      I know that diamonds mean money for this art
      But that's not the shape of my heart
    • Kris33
      Kris33
      Global
      Today's the day of 7th places(
    • Kris33
      Kris33
      Global
      I don't know if i was right folding

http://macropoker.com
      kites99405 (UTG) (1810, (90.5bb))
      KOL6KA (UTG+1) (1500, (75bb))
      ayvrik (UTG+2) (2300, (115bb))
      samaraukhta (MP1) (840, (42bb))
      bandziorekww (MP2) (1630, (81.5bb))
      T.Ludwich (CO) (1460, (73bb))
      Poeira829 (BU) (1000, (50bb))
      DoktorPokerS (SB) (1460, (73bb))
      Kris drunk (BB) (1500, (75bb))

Pre-Flop: (30, 9 players) NOHERO is

3 folds, samaraukhta calls 20, bandziorekww folds, T.Ludwich raises to 88, 2 folds, Kris drunk calls 68, samaraukhta calls 68,

Flop: (274, 3 players, 1 all-in)

Kris drunk checks,samaraukhta goes all-in 752, 2 folds,

Final Pot: -478, (-23.9bb)
      samaraukhta wins 274, (13.7bb) (net +938)

DoktorPokerS lost 10, (0.5bb)
      Kris drunk lost 88, (4.4bb)
      T.Ludwich lost 88, (4.4bb)
    • Kris33
      Kris33
      Global
      so, April has ended a week ago but i still didn't think over the previous goals and set new ones.

1. change a hairstyle and maybe do some light body modification (tattoo\piercing) - 50\50;
      2. restart visiting French classes - NO ;( ;
      3. try playing oriental drums! - DONE;
      4. begin reading Freudian “Psychoanalysis” - DONE;
      5. have more parties with strangers – I’m a bit tired of my so-called friends - NO;
      6. To purchase a new bike! And ride more than in previous years - NO ;( ;
      7. To make piece not war) Sometimes I practice volunteering. - 50\50.

What concerns poker, there’re some objectives either:
      1. Play minimum 200 SNGs with ROI at least 10 % - NO;
      2. To find out with my coach what stats are better to display and how to operate them - 50\50;
      3. To find out is the SNG Wizard a useful tool for a serious SNG player - DONE;
      4. Try to find cool layout to play more comfortable (my coach recommended me) - DONE;
      5. To play 4 tables simultaneously. Can I? )) - STILL NO

:f_mad:
      In May i want play more, but at the same time spend more time reading articles and poker literature, because it's useless play as i do - without good theoretical training.
      But yesterday we had an offline tournament with friends and i won it - they all are fishes more than me :f_biggrin:
    • Kris33
      Kris33
      Global
      The trial HM ended yestersterday, but for my surprise i can play and even win without stats :f_cool:

Some days ago played with mates offline again, yes, i won either, but the way they play - everyone who at least read basic articles on PS could do it. They dunno that i do steps to become a poker-pro and don't even wanna listen when i try to explain them smth useful about the game. a stubborn man never gonna admit a woman if she knows smth better him especially when it's about their 'traditional' men deal :f_mad:
    • Kris33
      Kris33
      Global
      I haven't got enough time for poker :f_cry: Because wanna travel this summer and now the main goal is to earn money for this, so there's a lot of work and less time for learning or entertaining...
      Also need to finish the tattoo on the back, but it hurt SO much during the first session that now i'm scared a bit to continue :f_confused:
      It's so charming, isn't it? :D
    • Kris33
      Kris33
      Global

need some