[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL20 QQ squeeze 3way

• zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      BTN: $21.83
      Hero (SB): $22.26
      BB: $20.00
      UTG: $26.80
      MP: $20.00 - 16/13 2,3k hands. Fold to 3bet 52%. WTSD/W$SD 27/62. Aggression 2,2 (2,1; 2,8; 1,8). Fold to cbet in 3bet pot 43%. I've seen him spaz out against other regs (for example calling 3bet in position with T7s. Calling Axx flop, raising allin on Q turn with nothing), bluffing 3 barrels till allin against calling station. But I have not seen him do anything crazy against me.
      CO: $29.63 - 70/43 230 hands.

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is SB with Q :diamond: Q :spade:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.60, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.60, 1 fold, MP calls $2, CO calls $2

Flop: ($8.00) 7 :spade: 5 :club: T :diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $3.80, MP calls $3.80, CO folds

Turn: ($15.60) J :spade: (2 players)
      Hero... (Villain has $13,6)

Now I think I should have bet a bit bigger on the flop. How much should I bet?

My plan was to ship any turn against bad CO player but MP calls my flop bet instead. Just ship it anyway?

Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi zobu,

Preflop: given villain type I don't mind the 3-bet. We should really look at positional stats given the number of hands we have on him. So what's his RFI from MP and what is his Fold to 3-bet in MP.

But regardless I think our 3-bet is fine (given the other info we have).

Postflop: Since we are multiway OOP we should cbet larger so we set up for a better turn shove. We also have a big fish.

As played can you expect him to float lighter WITH CO still left to act? I really doubt so. Thus I'd discount many random combos of broadways. However that doesn't mean he doesn't have pairs in his range, and Tx.

I think that shoving may be an option to try to squeeze a call from 88-99 that don't believe us (small bet followed by shove) but JJ and TT/77/55 are also part of his range. The other option is to check and see how he does but most likely ck/calling.

As a side note, when you leave a reply, please hit the advise judge to take another look button.
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      I actually went for c/c on the turn. Villain went allin and I was really close to folding but made the call just because of my notes on him.

Originally posted by BogdanPS
      So what's his RFI from MP and what is his Fold to 3-bet in MP.
      RFI MP - 15%,
      Fold to 3bet MP 57% (7).

I must say that squeezing with QQ is my standard play in this situation even if MP is not that 3bet call happy. Is that not ok? My reasoning is that MP will fold most of the time but that is fine as we often get to play heads up against bad CO player with a great hand in larger pot. I don't expect regs to bluff me of my hand that often and KK, AA, AK will usually just 4bet and I will have to fold but that's also fine.

What amount would you bet on the flop?

What if villain is a standard micro reg- someone who folds to 3bets 75% or so- should we get rid of our hand when J comes on the turn as we than beat close to nothing?

Thanks!
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I think that squeezing with QQ is fine as long as you don't face complete nits.

We want to 3-bet and isolate CO here with a very wide value range. I'd say at least ATs+, AJo+, KQ, TT+.

A $5 bet would be really nice because it sets up the turn a lot better and anything that calls our bet can call $5.

Against a standard nittier reg the turn is really ugly and very close to a ck/fold. Afterall a nittier reg won't float much with fish behind.