So close and so sad

• simm1
      simm1
      Bronze
      Just a funny little story :)
      First i played a freeroll with around 500 players where top 15 got a 2€ ticket and the top 3 got a 5€ ticket to another tourney. I managed to win this tourney and today i was playing the next step. It was a 5€ qualifier for a 100€ tourney with 32 entrants.
      1st place winning a ticket, 2nd place 22€, 3rd 15€, down to 7th that got some minor cash.
      The tourney went pretty good for me and i got to final table where i finally ended up with 2 other guys. 1 nitty guy who folded the 1st 40 hands on final table, and one russian with 63% vpip that never raised preflop and was pretty much a calling station. Sad thing was that i was carddead the complete final table and rarely got paid off anything from him. i missed like 90% of all the flops i got to see :(

So when we were 3 way and i got AK and quiet short so i just pushed it in and he snap calls.

iPoker - €5.00+€0.25|<> NL - Holdem - 3 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 12.02 BB (VPIP: 5.41, PFR: 4.35, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 74)
      BTN: 54.13 BB (VPIP: 62.69, PFR: 13.43, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 74)
      Hero (SB): 13.85 BB

3 players post ante of 0.1 BB, Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.8 BB) Hero has K:spade: A:club:

BTN calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 13.75 BB and is all-in, fold, BTN calls 12.75 BB

Flop: (28.8 BB, 2 players) A:diamond: 3:club: 4:spade:

Turn: (28.8 BB, 2 players) 2:club:

River: (28.8 BB, 2 players) 6:diamond:

BTN shows 3:heart: 6:heart: (Two Pair, Sixes and Threes) (Pre 40%, Flop 22%, Turn 20%)
      Hero mucks K:spade: A:club: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 60%, Flop 78%, Turn 80%)
      BTN wins 28.8 BB

No surprice there.
      Saddest thing was it took them 20 minutes to finish the game because they were both sitting out not wanting to win the ticket but the 22€ for 2nd ....

If i had just won that hand I'm convinced iI would outplay them and grab that 1st place and then win a 3.300€ package in the next tourney! :P

at least i ended up winning 15€ for a freeroll which never can be bad :)
  • 3 replies
    • Calzo94
      Calzo94
      Basic
      That's pretty unfortunate! If you don't hit a hand for a while it's easy to get blinded out so you had to shove with AK when you're short stacked in my opinion. Even if you raise and he calls, after you hit the Ace on the flop you're probably still going to think that you're miles ahead and shove anyway!

Wouldn't be too disheartened though as you will probably go deep in tourney again at some point! Just been sucked out, although I can't see how he can call with 63h but that's poker!

Good luck in your future tournaments! :)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by simm1

at least i ended up winning 15€ for a freeroll which never can be bad :)
      No -- in fact you had a great run.

Congratulations.

I have yet to final table a big tourney -- but I keep getting closer.

I keep winning tickets, but don't seem to do well in the 2nd levels.

So good job getting as far as you did!

Best of luck in the future!
      --VA
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Well done :)