[NL20-NL50] nl 50 fr AQs

• sandraardnas
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $43.26 (86.5 bb)
      MP3: $51.14 (102.3 bb)
      CO: $28.07 (56.1 bb)
      BTN: $50.21 (100.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $21.01 (42 bb)
      UTG+2: $22.53 (45.1 bb)
      MP1: $80.56 (161.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q A
      5 folds, BTN raises to $1.25, Hero calls $1, BB folds

Flop: ($3) 4 K K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($3) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

River: ($6) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3, Hero calls $3

$12 pot ($0.54 rake)
      Final Board: 4 K K 5 T
      BTN showed Q J and lost (-$5.75 net)
      Hero showed Q A and won $11.46 ($5.71 net)

preflop I called because bb was midstaking squezer so I wouldnt mind if he joins the pot.
      And I had little info about button, so I also didnt mind to play smaller pot with him with AQs.
      I would probably call here with AQ+ and 88-AA and shove everything to squeze if button folds.
      What should I 3bet here against this reg that I dont really know? By far he doesnt open loose so I think it would be only top of my folding range with the best blockers: AT, AJ, KJ, KQ, QJ.
      Okay, postfop I planned to call once and checck/fold Turn, cause I dont expect him to second barrel much here, where he probably expects me to fold many hands like QJ, 98, witch I dont have in my range but he doesnt know that. I just dont think that he thinks that I have very narrow calling range on sb especially with midstack on BB.

But he decided to check. I think hes checking with some strong pocket pairs like TT, A high and air that he decided to give up, so I didnt bet cause I dont know if he is folding TT for two barrels on this board and Im ahead against most of his range.
      I x/called twice cause I didnt see him betting here twice with pocket pairs nor Tx so he could have weak king or air and he does not have many weak king in his opening range. (small sample but he is selective on every position, not only the button)
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Preflop: I think it's fine if BB is aggro and BU is a nit. I think a nit defends really tight and we are going to be turning AQs into a bluff if we 3bet. While AQ is way ahead of a 30% opening range, it serves no purpose if BU is just folding all the time.

Flop: My plan here is probably to check/call once and give up.

Turn/River: Honestly this line looks more like QQ/JJ to me from a reg, cos they would typically cbet the Flop with air. So I would require a read to make such a loose call down.

I would just c/f the Turn.