MP3: $2.12 - 106 bb
      CO: $2.21 - 111 bb
      BU: $2.97 - 149 bb
      SB: $1.29 - 65 bb
      BB: $4.44 - 222 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (9 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.411.7

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:spade: , 7:diamond:
      SB posts small blind ($0.01), BB posts big blind ($0.02), 5 folds, Hero raises for $0.08, 2 folds, BB calls

Flop: ($0.17 - 8.50 bb) Q:heart: , 9:club: , 6:club: (2 Players)
      BB bets $0.04, Hero calls

Turn: ($0.25 - 12.50 bb) 5:spade: (2 Players)
      BB bets $0.10, Hero calls

River: ($0.45 - 22.50 bb) 9:spade: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

I wasn't sure of what to do vs such a small donkbet.

I cannot raise on the flop, because I fold most of the hands I beat except maybe FD. I don't want to give FD good odds, but it seems I have no other option, do I?
      If I bet, however, I may fold out better hands, such as 9x.

Same situation on the turn, except it's more likely that he has either a Q or a 9. My plan was to fold on the river to similarly smallish bet.

I think I'm good with my river check, but maybe I could've gotten some value with a smallish bet from 6x, 5x or 44-?

1. How do I play the flop?
      2. As played, was my turn call correct or should I fold?
      3. Do I ever bet for value on this river?
  • 2 replies
    • DrDunne
      hey Dawidas888, moved your hand to the HE forum for a judge to look at it.

my 2c about the hand: i think it's close even on the flop. a lot of the time i expect draws, MPs and TPs to donk out. if we raise, we are effectively turning our hand into a bluff but i think we need some info on his donkbetting tendencies for this.

if we make a hand sometime we should raise his donkbet and see how he reacts. if he folds, then we can start doing this more as a bluff, but if he calls we should make a note of what he calls down with and adjust accordingly.

the problem here is that we hate many turn cards. we don't like any card higher than a 7, any 5, basically any pairing turn and any club. i think since it's tough to say if we have FE, and since we hate many turns and rivers, i'd probably just fold this hand because i think he often has a MP type hand here.

maybe it's a bit weak tight but i'd prefer to find a better situation to a) call down in or b) raise.

as played i think turn is a fold, and i wouldn't bet for value here since nothing weaker will call.
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Dawidas,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Versus such small cbets and with our hand I prefer to raise/fold the flop. These min bets are generally very weak hands (draws, 6x, maybe some 9x, 88) and we can get value from draws and get him to fold weaker pairs.

As played we can also raise/fold turn for thin value versus draws. And river is a check back because I doubt we have a ton of value with a bet.

As a side note, when you leave a reply, please hit the advise judge to take another look button.

Best regards,