This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] pocket tens NL10

• kasprini
      kasprini
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      9 players

PREFLOP:

Hero is MP3 with T:heart: T :club: (stack $2.15)
      UTG (stack $1.75) calls 0.10

Hero raise to 0.50
      other players fold
      UTG calls 0.40

FLOP:

A:heart: K:heart: 5:heart:

UTG bets 1.25 and is all in
      Hero calls 1.25

UTG shows A :diamond: Q :spade:

TURN: A:heart: K:heart: 5:heart: 4 :spade:

RIVER: A:heart: K:heart: 5:heart: 4 :spade: 3 :club:

Is it right to call this one post flop because of pot odds and flush draw even if i knew he caught an A?
      Should UTG call with AQo pre flop?

regards,

kas
  • 4 replies
    • xxxdannyxxx
      xxxdannyxxx
      Bronze
      i would have folded
    • Gonzo394
      Gonzo394
      Bronze
      i played a little with PokerStove here and i think your call is the right thing to do.

You need 35% Equity, Rake included.

Against AK you have 40% here. (11 Outs) So against his hands it's even better.
      Certainly you cant know his hand, but that hand is thy typical hand he would play this way: He tries to protect his ace, he simply doesnt have the stack to do it right against your draw.

Against 55 you still have 35%.

You're busted, if he holds something like A:cQ or A:cJ, but then that's just plain bad luck. He might also try to bluff you out with a 9:c9 sometimes, where he is busted: These 3suited boards are typical (semi-)bluff-boards

You simply are better off, not giving your opponent the flopped flush: They have it to rarely and most of the times they play a draw strong.

PS: short as he is, limp/call w AQo is not the right thing to do, but a fish doesnt know it better.
    • kasprini
      kasprini
      Bronze
      thank you very much :) .
      Bronze
      Your oponent's line suggest he has you beat but many strange things happen on nl10. Call, your draw is worth it (simple sss says to shove any 8+ outs draw, and you have one).