BB: $3.85
      UTG: $2.71
      MP: $5.90
      CO: $12.42

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has 9:heart: 9:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, SB calls $0.13, fold

Flop: ($0.50, 3 players) J:spade: 5:club: 9:diamond:
      SB checks, CO bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, SB raises to $1.16, fold, Hero calls $0.91

Turn: ($3.07, 2 players) 8:spade:
      SB bets $3.69 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.69 and is all-in

I know it's not the perfect board to slowplay here but...

If PFA has junk, he will fold immediately. But after my call on the flop he may still fire a 2nd barrel allowing me to trap him. Maybe the 2nd opponent will have the chance to call with smth weaker. In case I raise even draws may find fold.

In Fixed Limit math is clear in such situations: raise is by any means better as it is more +EV than any other action. But bets are of fixed size in FL. And what about NL? Can we call here or is it still better not to delay and just raise?
  • 4 replies
    • Micholin21
      Micholin21
      Bronze
      You're giving very good odds to opponent by calling flop. I would raise to .80
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you raise flop Jx hands then I would also prefer raising with set. If you mostly call then slowplay is a little better option.
      If there was flushdraw I would prefer raising flop 0.8$

best regards,
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      With Jx I would mostly call here but do you mean your advice based on balancing? I think we can neglect this reason on this limit. But if you say this option is viable because of some other reasons... then it's not so bad from the EV view if to compare it with raising I can conclude, right?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GreenPiece
      With Jx I would mostly call here but do you mean your advice based on balancing? I think we can neglect this reason on this limit. But if you say this option is viable because of some other reasons... then it's not so bad from the EV view if to compare it with raising I can conclude, right?
      not really so much as balancing, but usually call is then better, since players would not expect us to raise with Jx, which means we mostly have there J9s+, so they can always make correct b/f their overpairs and Jx hands
      If you´re raising flop air, Jx, draws then they would most likely also continue hands that has showdown value (although since he bet half pot he would most likely just b/f anyway- so I like calling more than raising)

best regards,