BTN ($20.60)

Dealt to Hero 8:diamond: A:heart:

Hero raises to $0.50, fold, fold, BB calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.10) 9:spade: 5:heart: 4:spade:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.10) 9:spade: 5:heart: 4:spade: 4:club:

BB bets $0.80, Hero folds

BB wins $1.05

call vs loose UTG 3bb opener in BB w AJs, c/c Q9x w BDFD, check 9, donk blank river - 1/2 - BLUFER

My fold looks weak. He might have some weak hand. But is bluffcatching light, so I am not fan of raising on this board especitally. If I call, I can beat Qx hands, Kx which not a pair I mean, but ther can be weak PPs as well like 77, so he will not fold them on river unless I overbet maybe.
  • 2 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      i think flop is a CB for the following reasons

1. he folds to flop CB a fair amount which is 50%, not too much and not too little but profitable enough for us to fire a half pot CB, which only needs to work 33% of the time

2. if we check back he is usually going to fire the turn and that takes away our equity in the pot.

while i dont mind raising the turn i think we are not representing much and he might call us and we may have to bet the river again to take him off a weak hand. or we could float but i expect him to bet the river again as a bluff and we are left with a guessing game.

since we can see that when we check back the flop we get into difficult spots, i would rather bet the flop myself.

cgf
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      he folds to flop CB a fair amount which is 50%, not too much and not too little but profitable enough for us to fire a half pot CB, which only needs to work 33% of the time

I don't believe that he will fold even those 33% to a half pot bet on such board. It really will look like a bluff. We then might need to barrel turn and river to rep strong hand I think.