This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 77 set. Turn+river?

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $50.75 (101.5 bb)
      UTG: $50.39 (100.8 bb)
      Hero (MP): $67.85 (135.7 bb)
      CO: $37.05 (74.1 bb)
      BTN: $52.87 (105.7 bb)
      SB: $31.46 (62.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7:spade: 7:heart:
      UTG raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1.25, BB folds

Flop: ($5) 8:heart: J:spade: 7:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $3, Hero calls $3, SB calls $3

Turn: ($14) A:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50, SB folds

River: ($29) J:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $10, UTG raises to $38.39 and is all-in, Hero?

UTG is unknown. SB was a fish

I think preflop and flop are ok.

Should i raise the turn? With his small sizing, i thought that he either has Ax or Jx, so i don`t think that i will get a lot of action and i want the fish to put more money in the pot.

On the river, i decided to make a small bet for value from AQ/AT/AK hands. After the raise? Perhaps fold is better? He can have JJ/AA/AJ and i doubt sure that he will play KJ or T9s like that?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: If the flop had a flush draw I'm definitely raising here. Rule of thumb is to raise when >20% of the turn cards are bad. In this case I suppose it isn't that bad so flatting is fine.

Turn: You must raise now for value. It would be great if you could cooler AJ or maybe he pays you off light with AK/AQ.

River: This is a pretty sick line, honestly it looks so much like a boat to me. But I don't think we can fold here. I would fold JX though if someone took such a line vs me.

My comments would be valid if you bet large and he check/jammed. But since you bet 1/3 pot which is potentially an inducing amount, this is a fist-pump snapcall and it's not close.