[NL20-NL50] NL50 77 set. Turn+river?

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Gold
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $50.75 (101.5 bb)
      UTG: $50.39 (100.8 bb)
      Hero (MP): $67.85 (135.7 bb)
      CO: $37.05 (74.1 bb)
      BTN: $52.87 (105.7 bb)
      SB: $31.46 (62.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7:spade: 7:heart:
      UTG raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1.25, BB folds

Flop: ($5) 8:heart: J:spade: 7:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $3, Hero calls $3, SB calls $3

Turn: ($14) A:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50, SB folds

River: ($29) J:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $10, UTG raises to $38.39 and is all-in, Hero?

UTG is unknown. SB was a fish

I think preflop and flop are ok.

Should i raise the turn? With his small sizing, i thought that he either has Ax or Jx, so i don`t think that i will get a lot of action and i want the fish to put more money in the pot.

On the river, i decided to make a small bet for value from AQ/AT/AK hands. After the raise? Perhaps fold is better? He can have JJ/AA/AJ and i doubt sure that he will play KJ or T9s like that?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: If the flop had a flush draw I'm definitely raising here. Rule of thumb is to raise when >20% of the turn cards are bad. In this case I suppose it isn't that bad so flatting is fine.

Turn: You must raise now for value. It would be great if you could cooler AJ or maybe he pays you off light with AK/AQ.

River: This is a pretty sick line, honestly it looks so much like a boat to me. But I don't think we can fold here. I would fold JX though if someone took such a line vs me.

My comments would be valid if you bet large and he check/jammed. But since you bet 1/3 pot which is potentially an inducing amount, this is a fist-pump snapcall and it's not close.