This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH: Q8s

• acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      BU is playing with stats 20/16/7.1, fold to flop cbet 2/3 in 133 hands.
      SB is a big fish with stats 72/6/8.3, fold to flop cbet 2/8 in 32 hands.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.85)
      BB ($3.92)
      UTG ($2.30)
      Hero ($6.43)
      BTN ($5.37)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: 8:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.12, BTN calls $0.12, SB calls $0.10, fold

FLOP ($0.40) K:diamond: 3:diamond: Q:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.26, BTN folds, SB calls $0.26

TURN ($0.92) K:diamond: 3:diamond: Q:heart: 9:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.92) K:diamond: 3:diamond: Q:heart: 9:club: 4:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

Is wrong checking the turn here with so much equity against this player? Also, did I lose some value on the river or checking is fine?
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      flop - definitely betting here with 2nd pair for value usually and we can bet later if we hit the flush or 8 or bluff on A.

turn - while against most people i think its a check back, i see some reasons for betting against this SB, hes so wide and folds to little to flop Cbet i think we can expect him to call worse than Qx, maybe Ax, maybe a hand like 9T J9 for gutshot and smaller pocket pairs so i think betting small on the turn is slightly better than checking back.

whats his WTS like on the river? do you think he calls A high? or 4th and 5th pair?

cgf
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      I am not using at all the WTS stat.

On the river I was thinking that he could call with a worse Q or with some 9x if I bet small.
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      in that case i think river value is pretty thin, i expect him to check some Kx and then call it. and also call better Q. i would check back here.

however if i see him calling a hand like 22, 55 A high then i think we have value in a small bet.

cgf