[NL20-NL50] JJ, 3bet vs fish

• pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      42/35/80h, fold to 3bet 0 of 1, 3.8AF, fold to cbet 0 of 1

What do you think about hero's line? Is it weak to bet-fold here jacks? Mb check-call?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25)
      Hero ($38.30)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($27.49)
      CO ($22.47)
      BTN ($15.53)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $1, fold, Hero raises to $3.25, BTN calls $2.25

FLOP ($6.60) 4:spade: A:spade: 9:spade:

Hero bets $2.75, BTN raises to $12.28 (AI), Hero folds

BTN wins $11.56
  • 7 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey man

nah i don't think it's too weak at all... but you should bet flop like $3.70 or so imo. once you get raised i think it's an easy fold even with J :spade: . doubt he is playing his 1 card FDs aggressively, and even if he is it will most likely be Q :spade: or K :spade: . i think it's much more likely to be a set, A9 and very possibly Ax with X :spade: . i'd just cbet flop and as long as he just calls i might even barrel a blank turn as well to charge his 1 card draws.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Vlad,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: You have 80 hands on him and he seems aggro. Do we have any more info on the opponent? Have we seen him get out of line?

Our bet may induce a lot versus an aggro fish here so we want to make sure that we can bet/fold here without inducing.
    • VasiliZaitsev
      VasiliZaitsev
      Bronze
      Hi,

we risk 9.5 to win 6.6+2.75+12.28 => pot odds are 9.5/(9.5+6.6+2.75+12.28) = 30%
      from equilab:
      Board: As9s4s
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 38.87% 38.87% 0.00% { JdJs }
      MP3 61.13% 61.13% 0.00% { 99, 44, AQs-A6s, AQo-A9o }

i think we have the needed equity to call here even if he has "the nuts" and if he has some kind of Kx with Ks it becomes very profitable ... so i don't think i ever fold here ... am i missing something ? I might have some leaks from calling too much versus fishes.

thanks
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by VasiliZaitsev
      Hi,

we risk 9.5 to win 6.6+2.75+12.28 => pot odds are 9.5/(9.5+6.6+2.75+12.28) = 30%
      from equilab:
      Board: As9s4s
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 38.87% 38.87% 0.00% { JdJs }
      MP3 61.13% 61.13% 0.00% { 99, 44, AQs-A6s, AQo-A9o }

i think we have the needed equity to call here even if he has "the nuts" and if he has some kind of Kx with Ks it becomes very profitable ... so i don't think i ever fold here ... am i missing something ? I might have some leaks from calling too much versus fishes.

thanks
      Let's wait and see what Vlad says in terms of what he knew about the fish. The fish looks really aggro so the range you gave him can actually be wider to include more 9x (9x + draw) and other random stuff.

But if the fish is aggro I agree with you, we want to bet to induce or even check to let him bet.
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      I have stacked his half-size stack some hand before. He called passive flop and turn with oesd on a 3-flush board. I got flush and when he has hitted river he pushed his remains.

During the hand I wanted to see call, because thought he will call all his weak ready/draw hands. It seems he will not push here 1-card flush-draw. And his range is really heavy with any ace. Plus he probably could tilt which means he will push easily any ace. Also there is some flushes in his range.
      I think on K-high or Q-high board with the same structure it would be an easy call but here I'm not sure.
    • VasiliZaitsev
      VasiliZaitsev
      Bronze
      did you read my post? it basically says you have to call even if you know he allways has the ace. given this villan it-s a very very easy call when he shoves over the cbeb. please read my previous post again and let me know i i missed something
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by VasiliZaitsev
      did you read my post? it basically says you have to call even if you know he allways has the ace. given this villan it-s a very very easy call when he shoves over the cbeb. please read my previous post again and let me know i i missed something
      I agree that if we assume that he pushes any ace we have a nice call.

Given the information Vlad has added I agree that this is a bet/call now. Fish can easily be tilted or out to get us from the previous hand.