[NL20-NL50] over pair on a very wet board

• pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      No prehistory for us.

Hey, I have some problems with these situation. I know agressive regulars can bluff raise such boards. How to play such spots? What do you think about my line?
      And especially what about turn?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($17.70)
      BB ($31.27)
      Hero ($27.36)
      CO ($12.90)
      BTN ($25.35)

Dealt to Hero A:club: A:heart:

Hero raises to $0.75, fold, BTN calls $0.75, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.85) T:heart: 8:club: 7:heart:

Hero bets $1.50, BTN raises to $4.50, Hero calls $3

TURN ($10.85) T:heart: 8:club: 7:heart: J:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $5.20, Hero folds
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Vlad,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think that 3-betting the flop is better (especially if we didn't block the NFD).

Calling OOP sucks because he even check the turn back and the board is really ugly to begin with.
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      I don't know about 3betting. I think it is isolation really. He can't actually have here overpair worther. And I can't expect from unknown reg without any agressive dinamic to call me lose. 3bet-fold is turning aces into bluff which is bad.

And what about turn as played?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by pokerferrer
      I don't know about 3betting. I think it is isolation really. He can't actually have here overpair worther. And I can't expect from unknown reg without any agressive dinamic to call me lose. 3bet-fold is turning aces into bluff which is bad.

And what about turn as played?
      Why can't he have an overpair? JJ is at least there since you opened UTG/MP and he's in the BTN. I wouldn't expect a random reg at 25nl to 3-bet JJ all the time.

As played I would at least call the turn. It's a big scare card so if he was bluffing flop we can try a small stab there. We have roughly 8-9 outs and we need 25% equity so we just need a bit of implied odds to be fine (or just be good with AA when he gives up on river).