This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5SH - A8s BB squeeze

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      In hindsight I think this could have been a bit of a spew but I will post anyway to find out.

BU looked like he could be a TAG / REG as he was multi-tabling and playing a full stack.

SB looked like a recreation player / fish / LP. I had seen him min open TQs UTG and then call a 3b OOP which makes me think that I could be value 3betting him in this spot. This and the fact that he was limp/calling confirmed that he was a recreational / fishy player.

Preflop: I don't know how often either player are folding to 3b's but this seemed a pretty good spot to squeeze since I have AX blocker and I can be value 3 betting vs the SB's 3b calling range, but I am still folding to 4b's.

Flop: I think SB will mostly have some random high cards, suited cards and PP's here. I think he can have some better AX in his range but I would have expected AQ+ to have been played more aggressively preflop. Therefore, I didn't see any worse hand x/c'ing or any better hand (PP's) folding, so just checked behind to avoid turning my hand into a bluff.

Turn: When villain donks I think this is super weak. I don't think he would try to donk small to induce with a strong hand so at this point I am assuming Ace high is probably the best hand here, so again I didn't see any point in raising apart from protecting my hand but at the same time I still don't see any worse hand bet/calling here, so just call to avoid turning my hand into a bluff.

River:I didn't think A-hi would be good now due to his bet sizing. I now think that this is some sort of block bet with a pair less than Kx. I felt that I could either raise/fold or fold here. I decided to raise and fold to a 3b because I think I can get a small pair to fold and K hits my perceived range.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $5.00 - 20/17/inf/0/0/32 hands ATS 29% (2/7) F23b ? - Possible TAG / REG
      SB: $5.74 - recreational / LP / Fish (10 hands so no stats)
      Hero (BB): $5.03
      UTG: $6.91
      MP: $10.93
      CO: $12.13

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 8:heart: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, SB calls $0.45

Flop: ($1.35, 2 players) 3:diamond: 6:spade: 6:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.35, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      SB bets $0.05, Hero calls $0.05

River: ($1.45, 2 players) K:club:
      SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, fold

Hero wins $2.16
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Muel,

I'm not sure I mentioned this before but I want to congratulate you on the effort you put in when you post a hand. You clearly spend time and think about as many details as possible. Keep up the good work.

Preflop: We could consider this a light 3-bet to iso SB to ourselves or just take the pot down.

Postflop: Do you expect a fish to really fold a full house given how the hand got played? I really really doubt it. At best we got him to fold a split.