[NL2-NL10] NL5SH - A8s BB squeeze

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      In hindsight I think this could have been a bit of a spew but I will post anyway to find out.

BU looked like he could be a TAG / REG as he was multi-tabling and playing a full stack.

SB looked like a recreation player / fish / LP. I had seen him min open TQs UTG and then call a 3b OOP which makes me think that I could be value 3betting him in this spot. This and the fact that he was limp/calling confirmed that he was a recreational / fishy player.

Preflop: I don't know how often either player are folding to 3b's but this seemed a pretty good spot to squeeze since I have AX blocker and I can be value 3 betting vs the SB's 3b calling range, but I am still folding to 4b's.

Flop: I think SB will mostly have some random high cards, suited cards and PP's here. I think he can have some better AX in his range but I would have expected AQ+ to have been played more aggressively preflop. Therefore, I didn't see any worse hand x/c'ing or any better hand (PP's) folding, so just checked behind to avoid turning my hand into a bluff.

Turn: When villain donks I think this is super weak. I don't think he would try to donk small to induce with a strong hand so at this point I am assuming Ace high is probably the best hand here, so again I didn't see any point in raising apart from protecting my hand but at the same time I still don't see any worse hand bet/calling here, so just call to avoid turning my hand into a bluff.

River:I didn't think A-hi would be good now due to his bet sizing. I now think that this is some sort of block bet with a pair less than Kx. I felt that I could either raise/fold or fold here. I decided to raise and fold to a 3b because I think I can get a small pair to fold and K hits my perceived range.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $5.00 - 20/17/inf/0/0/32 hands ATS 29% (2/7) F23b ? - Possible TAG / REG
      SB: $5.74 - recreational / LP / Fish (10 hands so no stats)
      Hero (BB): $5.03
      UTG: $6.91
      MP: $10.93
      CO: $12.13

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 8:heart: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, SB calls $0.45

Flop: ($1.35, 2 players) 3:diamond: 6:spade: 6:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.35, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      SB bets $0.05, Hero calls $0.05

River: ($1.45, 2 players) K:club:
      SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, fold

Hero wins $2.16
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Muel,

I'm not sure I mentioned this before but I want to congratulate you on the effort you put in when you post a hand. You clearly spend time and think about as many details as possible. Keep up the good work.

Preflop: We could consider this a light 3-bet to iso SB to ourselves or just take the pot down.

Postflop: Do you expect a fish to really fold a full house given how the hand got played? I really really doubt it. At best we got him to fold a split.