[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh TT

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $15.74 (157.4 bb)
      CO: $2.55 (25.5 bb)
      BTN: $20.92 (209.2 bb)
      Hero (SB): $11.40 (114 bb)
      BB: $10.45 (104.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T T
      MP raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.35, BB folds

Flop: ($0.90) 5 4 T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.70, MP folds

Results:
      $1.90 pot ($0.09 rake)
      Final Board: 5 4 T
      MP mucked and lost (-$0.90 net)
      Hero mucked T T and won $1.81 ($0.91 net)

villain is a normal reg something like 22/19. i just checkraised flop big because i don't think regs would be cbetting with air here so if he has some value hand he might go with it.

this is the sort of flop i wouldn't expect people to cbet light, but that's only because i don't do it without some equity. i get the impression people are cbet bluffing here a lot more than i think tho, and so what i'd like to know is if you ever have a bluff check/raising range here vs a normal reg? im always really suspicious when people cbet these flops and just think if they are dong it too much then i can play back?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Look at his bet size, close to half pot. Do you think he'd bet for value that small on such a board?

Almost always he has some weak hand there and a rare slowplay. Plus the board is not that terrible when it has two small cards since it shouldn't hit our range too greatly either.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      ah i didn't really think much about his small bet... in that case is my raise size too large here? and also would you say this sort of flop texture would be good for me to play back at against certain opponents? or not because we rep nothing...
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      ah i didn't really think much about his small bet... in that case is my raise size too large here? and also would you say this sort of flop texture would be good for me to play back at against certain opponents? or not because we rep nothing...
      We shouldn't worry about what we rep as much at these limits but rather about what they could have and how they can fold their holdings.

I think that you can definitely raise these flops and take them down but you still want to have some equity (like KQdd).

And yes I think the raise size is slightly large.