This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh 77

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $9.55 (95.5 bb)
      SB: $5.60 (56 bb)
      Hero (BB): $23.76 (237.6 bb)
      CO: $21.36 (213.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7 7
      CO raises to $0.30, BTN folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.90) 5 3 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50, SB calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.40) K (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.45, CO calls $1.45, SB folds

River: ($5.30) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Results:
      $5.30 pot ($0.26 rake)
      Final Board: 5 3 2 K T
      Hero showed 7 7 and won $5.04 ($2.79 net)
      CO mucked 4 4 and lost (-$2.25 net)

this was an interesting hand.

CO is a solid reg, 22/19 over 3k hands.

preflop i set mine...

on the flop i don't really think villain will be cbetting into 2 with air which means he won't be cbetting too much. thought i'd experiment with donk betting here. i expect to get floated a bit light so the plan was to barrel once more on the turn.

on the turn it's a great barrel card and although i could still be ahead with my 77 vs something like AJ, AQ, AT or something i thought it would be much better to barrel here instead of checking and seeing a (likely) scary river and checking again.

this play seems a bit tricky so i'm not so sure about it. what do you think?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: So you don't think villain will cbet a lot? How about all his Ax or hands with backdoors/overcards?

He is IP so I think he will cbet quite a bit.

Now, on the other hand donking can isolate SB to us (fish) which is the main reason why I'd bet. I also think that we should bet larger for value.

As played why do we expect to get floated light when there's a fish behind? Because we bet small?