This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 BU vs 3bet + flop bluffraise

• jazzy29
      jazzy29
      Bronze
      Hero (Button) ($13.49)
      SB ($4.80)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($7.86)
      MP ($5)
      CO ($12.23)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, 9
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.25, 1 fold, BB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.65

Flop: ($1.85) 2, 10, 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $1, Hero raises to $2.50, BB calls $1.50

Turn: ($6.85) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $3.20, Hero folds

Total pot: $6.85 | Rake: $0.31

Villain was unknown, I didn't feel like 4bet him because I don't like to go broke in this spot against unknown.. But 99 still seems to strong to fold there, thats why I called him.
      The flop don't looks like a hit for him. So I decided to turn my hand into a bluff, in general IP 2,5x should be a good sizing I think. The reason why I didn't call him is that I don't want his range to hit with a overcard or the flushdraw.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Jazzy29,

Standard play vs an unknown 3better is to fold 99 at these stakes. Once you have reason to believe that villain is 3betting light (perhaps 8% or so) then you can think about calling with 99.

My preferred option is to float the flop here. Hand is too strong for a bluff-raise imo. Also a flush-card falling works both ways. True, it might make villain a flush. But if he doesn't have a flush it might cause him to fold an overpair on a flush turn.

I would float flop. Bet if checked to, or fold if villain double-barrels.

As played, turn donk is very strong and folding is good.