[NL20-NL50] nl 50 fr JJs

• sandraardnas
      sandraardnas
      Gold
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $46.68 (93.4 bb)
      MP1: $60.96 (121.9 bb)
      MP2: $52.75 (105.5 bb)
      MP3: $35.32 (70.6 bb)
      CO: $31.39 (62.8 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $75.77 (151.5 bb)
      SB: $51 (102 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J J
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.50, CO folds, Hero raises to $2, 2 folds, MP3 calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.75) 9 8 5 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $3.75, MP3 calls $3.75

Turn: ($12.25) 3 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $9.50, MP3 calls $9.50

River: ($31.25) 5 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $20.07 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $31.25 pot ($1.41 rake)
      Final Board: 9 8 5 3 5
      MP3 mucked and won $29.84 ($14.59 net)
      Hero mucked J J and lost (-$15.25 net)

Hi, oponent is another unknown fish.
      Pre: I raised 4x its good sizing to stack fish on 70bb with 3 barrels.
      F and T: bet, bet for value, probably I could have made it bigger.
      River is brutal and I folded cause it seems like flush.
      But if it was a backdor flush that hit the river, then I would probably call, casue I saw fishes using such scary card to donk bluff river with busted FD from flop.
      So I sarted to think how many DRAWS he has here and it looks like he can have twice as many straight draws that miss than flush draws that hit, so even if he is using scary card to bluff only one out of 3 times then I should call.
      The question is if the standard unknown fish is gonna bluff here enough % of time to call his bet with a profit.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sandraardnas,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: It really depends what straight draws you think he calls two streets with versus relatively big bets. If you add all the possible gutshots then yes, he'd have a big range.

However one other thing you probably haven't counted is the number of 5x hands he can have as well, at least 56, 57.

All in all I think that folding is correct.
    • sandraardnas
      sandraardnas
      Gold
      So you think its better to make lower sizings against unknown fish to make him call wider range? I always make it big knowing he will fold many hands with backdoor equity, but I was also sure that he wont give up with straight draws, FD and second pairs even on Turn.
      And on more thing: lets say its J of hearts that came on river. Would you call because he can have some two pairs or sets, or fold cause mst of his range is flushes and straight?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by sandraardnas
      So you think its better to make lower sizings against unknown fish to make him call wider range? I always make it big knowing he will fold many hands with backdoor equity, but I was also sure that he wont give up with straight draws, FD and second pairs even on Turn.
      And on more thing: lets say its J of hearts that came on river. Would you call because he can have some two pairs or sets, or fold cause mst of his range is flushes and straight?
      I'm not sure where I have implied that I like lower sizes but I always recommend big sizes.

I think that a fish can call the amounts you bet with pair + gutshot.

With Jh on the river we have an easier call because we do beat other made hands that may donk, including Jx or 2p.