MP3: $1.61 - 81 bb
      CO: $0.77 - 39 bb
      BU: $1.36 - 68 bb
      SB: $1.67 - 84 bb
      BB: $2.02 - 101 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (9 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.411.7

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , T:club:
      SB posts small blind ($0.01), Hero posts big blind ($0.02), 5 folds, CO raises for $0.06, 2 folds, Hero calls

Flop: ($0.13 - 6.50 bb) K:spade: , 8:heart: , 5:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.08, Hero calls

Turn: ($0.29 - 14.50 bb) Q:club: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.18, CO calls

River: ($0.65 - 32.50 bb) 3:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.45, Hero calls

-----

I c/c the flop as I have TP. No reason to raise as I would fold out all the hands that I beat (middle pairs, 8x, 76 etc.).
      I bet the turn for value and protection as I fear the check behind with 76, JT, Qx, 8x.

I don't know what to do on the river. All the possible draws missed and 3 is unlikely to improve my opponents hand so I call.

Is my reasoning correct?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dawidas,

Preflop: you are playing versus a short opponent so our hand isn't that great to play versus him unless he is a huge fish. I'm assuming you have no information on villain? I would say that this should be a fold preflop, especially oop.

Postflop: Flop play is fine but I'm not a huge fan of donking into a potentially fishy/short player. What was our plan if we got raised? Bet/fold?

Against unknown I'd find it hard to expect a ton of bluffs on that river but it depends on the info you had on him.
    • Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Preflop: My preflop range vs CO from BB is TT-22, AJ-AT, BW and SC (as from my Locker Room - post 3).
      What range do you suggest to call from CO against BS and vs SS/MS? Should remove BWo and SC if my opponent is MS/SS?

Postflop: on the turn my plan was donk/fold as I don't expect to be bluff raised here. Do you suggest c/c the turn? And then c/f river?

You assumed correctly that I didn't have much info on the villain.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dawidas888
      Preflop: My preflop range vs CO from BB is TT-22, AJ-AT, BW and SC (as from my Locker Room - post 3).
      What range do you suggest to call from CO against BS and vs SS/MS? Should remove BWo and SC if my opponent is MS/SS?

Postflop: on the turn my plan was donk/fold as I don't expect to be bluff raised here. Do you suggest c/c the turn? And then c/f river?

You assumed correctly that I didn't have much info on the villain.
      As we get information we should change our ranges.

I think that your range to call all BW is a bit loose versus your average full ring CO player.

Against the shorter stacks a lot of the weaker hands lose their value in calling so we can't set mine as profitably (if we use the rule of 20) and we can't play back at them when they have smaller stacks.

As far as the hand goes you are mostly bluffcatching when we call the flop OOP without initiative. So I don't really think we have a clear vbet on the turn without knowing his ranges. So yes I'd opt to check again and most likely call again.
    • Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      I will tighten my preflop calling range from SB-BB to TT-22 (call20), AT-AJ and KQ-KJ, QTs+, JTs (roughly by 5%).

I do follow the call 20 rule and I will opt for c/c on the turn and c/f on the river next time :f_cool:

Thanks for the help!