[NL2-NL10] nl5 zoom JJ

• houlajk
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.3) 4, 4, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.7) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($1.7) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.20, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.7.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml

Turn: Why check here? We are a massive favourite vs his range. QQ+ would have 3betted preflop, maybe even TT too. He has way more TX hands in his range which would call both the Turn and River. And he doesn't have too many 4X in his range besides A4.

I think checking here is a huge mistake.

River: I don't know what the best play is without more reads, but I think he will float Ace high here on the Flop pretty often. I'm not sure whether he turns Ace high into a bluff on the Turn though, or whether he would continue checking down and try to showdown his hand.

At the same time, I think JJ is a huge monster here on the Turn, that I feel that despite the Ace being a bad card, we may be good enough of the time. We are getting like 28% pot odds so we only need to win 28% of the time.

I am tempted to call here.
    • DrDunne
      hi houlajk

not sure why you would check this turn since he'll most likely call down with lots of Tx hands. you should just bet yourself. as played, if you think he floats a ton then it's probably okay but you should be prepared to call a ton of rivers since we shouldn't check/call a float and pray they don't bet the river otherwise we just bleed money. in this particular hand it's a tough decision on the river because on the 1 hand it's the perfect barrel card for someone to continue their float with but at the same time i don't often expect people to be using this to bluff. so i'd probably fold river too as played.