Hero (SB): $30.28
      BB: $26.27
      UTG: $13.13
      MP: $30.37
      CO: $25.56

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has K:diamond: J:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.65, fold
      villain 4-tabling 9/9/24h, bb unknown 3-tabler.
      3bet pre? don't think i'll be squeezed super often and this is too strong to fold, but too weak to 3bet imo

Flop: ($1.75, 2 players) 4:heart: 3:heart: K:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.25, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.75, Hero calls $2.75
      just fold?

River: ($9.75, 2 players) 9:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.50, Hero raises to $12.34, fold
      obv can't call and i'm not giving him credit for a flush, he prob has some AK or 2p or whatever so i just go for it
      sizing?

Hero wins $16.00
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop is close but my primary play would be to 3bet. You don't have hands on either so you get reasonable credit from BU imo. The concern is not just getting squeezed but also that you give BB odds to come along and make your situation worse.

As played, your line makes sense as a flush imo but then again, you don't have that weak of a hand to call with here. Once he bets small like this I believe his range to be more 1pair hands than 2pair+ so I am strongly considering a call. Keep in mind you need him to fold those 2pair if you play it like this.

Your sizing is fine, I would personally make it $11.50 or so but it doesn't make a huge difference. The finer sizing tweaks would be done when you know his range a lot or are striving a lot to be balanced with your range.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      does any one pair hand that i beat really bet the river though?

i don't really give anyone credit for making a sick ass "thin valuebet" with KT until i see otherwise... "nobody" bets such a weak hand on this draws completing river, and on another level because i have like zero worse hands that can call here imo.
      if i somehow had AK here then maybe...

what about the river bluff, do these guys bet/fold enough? i guess i have to size it like that to hope for them to b/f 2p+.
      think maybe i could just fold this, would be cooler to have a blocker but at the time i was like whatever. :f_biggrin:
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Don't get me wrong it's not a super snap call but call could also be cool imo.

If you think his range is still quite strong I prefer just folding. Very often when people bet small they talk themselves into a call when facing a raise.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      id take the same line and try to fold out KQ/K9/K3/K4/AK/AA......

call would not be the worst call ever, but i think its slightly -EV

vs a very aggro player id just call here though, he can 2 barrel you off any underpairs and river is kinda scare card so he can barrel it as well.....

agree with manu on the sizing, 11-11.5 is ok i think

nh imo
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah, that all makes sense. in retrospect i fold imo.

it's always so tense, some people tank forever and talk themselves into a call, some people tank forever and fold, some people just snapfold (congrats on being disciplined and sticking to the plan) :f_biggrin:

i usually do it with value hands and always throw a huge raise for the levelz, think i get called about ~40% of the time or something.
      idk, definitely still need a bigger sample :P