[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 AKo 14-04-13

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.53 (110.6 bb)
      SB: $12.49 (249.8 bb)
      BB: $5 (100 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $12.62 (252.4 bb)
      MP: $16.44 (328.8 bb)
      CO: $10.12 (202.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K A
      Hero raises to $0.15, MP folds, CO calls $0.15, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.37) 7 9 K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.26, CO raises to $0.95, Hero calls $0.69

Turn: ($2.27) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.35, Hero calls $1.35

River: ($4.97) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25

Hi,
      Villain was very aggressive postflop, he had made me fold TPTK on the river before, he did seem to get most of his chips from gettting people to fold, however I think I might have overplayed my hand anyways.

Preflop:
      I raise for value, could argue about making it a bit bigger as there are several deepstacks behind me + a few fish.

Flop:
      Here I bet for value, when villain raises my first impresion is he is bluffing, however I think he might have a strong draw, but really don't want to get it in here, rather want him to make mistakes.

Turn:
      Nothing really changed here, the card here is a blank for him as well, and I think here that he is likely to bet the river aswell given his aggressive line. But it won't be a comfortable call.

River:
      Yet a blank, considdered to shove here, but I thought he might have a set in this case I'm screwed, so took the sissy line and called the river, hoping I was right about this villain.

I guess I overplayed my hand, leveled myself and all?
      I don't have enough hands on him, however to my defense he was being a bully and I assumed his stack also could in some cases make him think he was unstopable...

He also didn't seem to be to ahppy about going to showdown, without making a bet on the river.

Villain:
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

If he is really that aggressive then I don't mind your play.

There are a lot of draws on the board, and he isn't likely to have much value hands, so calling down looks reasonable to me.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Hi, again.
      He showed up with 89s, could you give me some pointers what to note down about him?

Don't know if he knows that he was slightly ahead on the flop, but seems he plays draws aggressively and is capable of bluffing the river.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, I usually do write the whole hand in my notes so it would look like this.

Call 98s @ CO vs UTG raise, raise 4x K97tt with a pair+FD, bet 60% T (3o), bet 2/3 R (5o). The "o" here stands for offsuit - not completing the flush.

Overall, this guy is calling wide enough and playing his draws aggressively and is capable of bluffing the river with busted draws, so I'd consider calling him down lighter on drawy boards.