[NL2-NL10] NL5SH - TT flopped set

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Preflop: Didn't want to 3b even IP and being deep just because I still didn't know a lot about MP in terms of his reactions to 3b's etc. Rather just play IP and avoid possibly turning my hand into a bluff. Expected MP to open something like:
      22+,AJs+,KQs,AJo+,KQo

When BTN CC's I expect him to have a lot of PP's and broadways, maybe some suited AX and SC's. I would expect to see a 3b from this guy if he has QQ+ almost always here as a result I think his preflop CC'ing range might look something like:
      JJ-22,ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,T9s,AJo+,KQo

Flop: I didn't really like checking on a wetish flop in case BTN checks behind since I think he can have some draws in his range here. If villain was more aggressive then I might choose to x/rai, plus the pot is multiway, which might also put him off.

When BTN raises I think he has TP+ and some good draws. I don't think I can ever call here, especially being OOP and being so deep. What about my 3b sizing here? would you make it 4x to try to get the money in on the flop or turn or do you think that would be too big?

Turn: I definitely think I should be betting bigger here. Something like 2/3 ($3.60) and hopefully he jams TP+ and draws.

River: Only hands that beat me now are 22/QQ/JJ but I would have expected these to have played much differently preflop and postflop (QQ would have 3b pre I think, JJ doesn't raise the flop and call the T IMO)

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (CO): $11.21
      BTN: $12.24 - 30/22/3/7/32/260 hands - LAG
      SB: $14.56
      BB: $5.36
      UTG: $6.99
      MP: $8.24 - 23/22/4/8/8/61 hands - TAG

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has T:diamond: T:spade:

fold, MP raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.67, 3 players) 2:club: T:club: Q:heart:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.42, BTN raises to $0.84, fold, Hero raises to $2.40, BTN calls $1.56

Turn: ($5.47, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      Hero bets $2.62, BTN calls $2.62

River: ($10.71, 2 players) J:heart:
      Hero bets $5.99 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins $10.27
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop just calling is fine.

On the flop, when MP checks, betting is good.
      Once BU raises, I like 3betting and you can make it a little bit bigger - $2.7.

As played, I'd rather bet around $3 on the turn.

On the river, it quite much depends on what reads do you have on him.
      Considering the play on the previous streets, I would rather check/call here to give him a chance to bluff us, since I'm not sure if he has too much worse made hands here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa

On the river, it quite much depends on what reads do you have on him.
      Considering the play on the previous streets, I would rather check/call here to give him a chance to bluff us, since I'm not sure if he has too much worse made hands here.

Best,
      Plamen
      Thanks Apart from the obvious turn sizing I think the above is the biggest problem. I didn't really think about his range here. Just thought I have a big hand and want value from it. I didn't want him checking behind