This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5SH - 77 vs BU stl

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Preflop: This is a preflop question really (can't see any other line on the flop). Should I be folding this preflop vs someone who is likely to be a reg? His range will be wide on the BU and he won't necessarily stack even with TP so set mining OOP w/o initiative is probably not profitable.

I can 3b but PP's don't play very well postflop in 3b pots do they? Esp against what is likely to be a strong range and when I don't know villain very well?

Thanks

b]PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players[/b]
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): $10.64
      CO: $8.93
      BTN: $5.14 - seems like a REG/TAG at the time since he was mass multi-tabling
      SB: $4.90

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 7:club: 7:spade:

fold, BTN raises to $0.15, fold, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32, 2 players) 6:club: T:heart: 2:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.20, fold

BTN wins $0.31
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think that calling here preflop is fine. 77 is too strong to fold here.

As played, I think check/folding the flop is quite weak. I would only fold here if you expect him to double barrel a lot and we don't feel comfortable check/calling against him twice.

Best,
      Plamen
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      would you x/c and re-evaluate the Turn then? Not sure a x/rai bluff would be a good idea on this board.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I'm definitely check/calling here than check/raising.
      Check/raising isn't good since we will have hard time on the turn if we get called, and it's better to have some backdoors when we go for a check/raise.