This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5SH - KJs BB vs SB stl

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain was unknown at the time of the hand but since he was not playing a full stack I would assume that he is a recreational player.

Preflop: I'm not sure how wide villain is stealing with such a small stack. I decided to call since I had a strong enough hand IP that will be ahead of some parts of villains range. Didn't really see any point in 3b'ing vs such a small stack. I will ISO myself vs better mostly and will have to 3b/fold.

Flop: Didn't see any point in raising. Only worse hands I see bet/calling are strong FD's and K9/KT. I think the vast majority of his bet/calling or bet/3b range would have me beat here

Board: 8:club: K:heart: 8:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      SB     53.67%  42.62%  11.06% { AA, QQ, KsKc, 8d8s, AsKs, AcKc, AhQh, KsQs, KcQc, AhJh, KsJs, KcJc, QhJh, AhTh, KsTs, KcTc, QhTh, JhTh, Ah9h, Ks9s, Kc9c, Qh9h, Jh9h, Th9h, Ad8d, As8s, Ah7h, Ah6h, AdKs, AdKc, AhKs, AhKc, AsKc, AcKs, KsQd, KsQh, KsQc, KcQd, KcQh, KcQs, KsJh, KsJc, KcJh, KcJs, KsTd, KsTh, KsTc, KcTd, KcTh, KcTs, Ks9d, Ks9h, Ks9c, Kc9d, Kc9h, Kc9s }
      BB     46.33%  35.27%  11.06% { KdJd }

Decided to just call and keep his weaker range in and re-evaluate T.

Turn: I have to bet here for value and protection IMO and if he x/raises then I think I have to bet call give pot odds and SPR. Plus I think he would go broke with a wider range on the turn for the same reason.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $4.17
      CO: $5.05
      BTN: $6.06
      SB: $2.03
      Hero (BB): $5.07
      UTG: $5.00

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.30, 2 players) 8:club: K:heart: 8:heart:
      SB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.80, 2 players) Q:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, fold

Hero wins $0.77
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Muel,

Preflop: Calling and 3-betting are both options but given his stack I agree that calling is probably better.

Postflop: Your postflop line is fine. Your turn bet is fine and we can get some ck/calls from Qx, weaker Kx and plenty of draws.