[NL2-NL10] NL5SH - KJs BB vs SB stl

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain was unknown at the time of the hand but since he was not playing a full stack I would assume that he is a recreational player.

Preflop: I'm not sure how wide villain is stealing with such a small stack. I decided to call since I had a strong enough hand IP that will be ahead of some parts of villains range. Didn't really see any point in 3b'ing vs such a small stack. I will ISO myself vs better mostly and will have to 3b/fold.

Flop: Didn't see any point in raising. Only worse hands I see bet/calling are strong FD's and K9/KT. I think the vast majority of his bet/calling or bet/3b range would have me beat here

Board: 8:club: K:heart: 8:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      SB     53.67%  42.62%  11.06% { AA, QQ, KsKc, 8d8s, AsKs, AcKc, AhQh, KsQs, KcQc, AhJh, KsJs, KcJc, QhJh, AhTh, KsTs, KcTc, QhTh, JhTh, Ah9h, Ks9s, Kc9c, Qh9h, Jh9h, Th9h, Ad8d, As8s, Ah7h, Ah6h, AdKs, AdKc, AhKs, AhKc, AsKc, AcKs, KsQd, KsQh, KsQc, KcQd, KcQh, KcQs, KsJh, KsJc, KcJh, KcJs, KsTd, KsTh, KsTc, KcTd, KcTh, KcTs, Ks9d, Ks9h, Ks9c, Kc9d, Kc9h, Kc9s }
      BB     46.33%  35.27%  11.06% { KdJd }

Decided to just call and keep his weaker range in and re-evaluate T.

Turn: I have to bet here for value and protection IMO and if he x/raises then I think I have to bet call give pot odds and SPR. Plus I think he would go broke with a wider range on the turn for the same reason.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $4.17
      CO: $5.05
      BTN: $6.06
      SB: $2.03
      Hero (BB): $5.07
      UTG: $5.00

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.30, 2 players) 8:club: K:heart: 8:heart:
      SB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.80, 2 players) Q:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, fold

Hero wins $0.77
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Muel,

Preflop: Calling and 3-betting are both options but given his stack I agree that calling is probably better.

Postflop: Your postflop line is fine. Your turn bet is fine and we can get some ck/calls from Qx, weaker Kx and plenty of draws.