rake back and micro grinding

• mgh87
      mgh87
      Bronze
      Hello pokerstrategy members,

I have recently increased my efforts to improve my game, follow bankroll management and greatly increase the volume that I’m playing. Now that I’m trying to improve, I'm grinding the micro's 10nl or $1.50- $3.50 50/50 SNG’s on PS. Through a lot of video's I’ve watch and posts or strats I’ve read online there's been quite a lot saying the bulk profit coming from micro grinding is through rake back and tbh I’m not 100% how to make profit from this (some people are claiming to make 3k+ per month from grinding micro's in rake back). I have already made my first deposit on PS years ago, I have also deposited on FT, titan poker and party poker so first time deposit bonuses would be gone for them as well. So my questions to the pokerstrat community are, how can I make profit from rake back? Is it possible to just grind one site to make a decent RB or I’d have to deposit on different sites and grind through them one at a time? Any advice and insight you could share would be greatly appreciated.
  • 13 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      More or less impossible to make 3k/month from rakeback at micros, even if you had like 50% rb you'd need to rake in 6k monthly and nobody does that.

You could make 3k/month at like 50NL which is still micros but that would have to include winnings too.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mgh87
      the bulk profit coming from micro grinding is through rake back
      Whaaat, who says this? The bulk profit from micros is donks donking away stacks.

This reminds me of the guy who was going for SNE starting at NL2. I dunno if he's still going or gave up but he was playing a ridiculous number of hands per month (and still would not have been on track for SNE even with the crazy volume) but I wonder if he raked 6k a month (or if he would have if he was playing NL10). I can't remember how many hands he was playing but it was like 24 tabling for most of the day, 7 days a week. :f_o:
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      yeah that's weird. where you read it?

For example:
      100k hands a month, rake 10 bb/100 hands:

100k hands * 10 bb/100 hands = 10k bb = 100 buy in. So if I play 10NL 100k hands per month, then I rake $1000 per month.

If I get 30% rakeback, It's $300. If I want to get $3000 rakeback, I have to play 1M hands
    • mgh87
      mgh87
      Bronze
      Firstly thank you to the people that have responded so far, I feel as though I may have left some information out of my OP, no post that I have read has claimed to make 3k+ from NL10 they have all been for NL25-NL50. I first read about huge rake back returns a while ago in a few micro/low stakes old archived posts in the 2+2 forums, then just last night I watched "How to move up micro stakes the right way" by Gripsed on YouTube and was told his friend grinded 6-12 tables NL50 played 80k hands per month and made 2-3k per month in RB. The way I looked at it was if people can make up to 3k per month or more playing NL50 I could possibly make up to 600 a month which is still 60 buy-ins and the reason I posted was to firstly find out if the information I had watched and read was correct and how was this done?

I hope this has cleared up some misinformation and filled in a few blanks I have left out of my OP, because this has still left me with no answers to my question of how people make such money with RB and can I stick with Stars and make that kind of RB or will I have to sign up with a different site. If there are any good threads on this subject I’d be happy to read them myself. I have also received quite a few Pm’s offering me RB deals through various sites (imawhale, donkrdeals, rakerace, PS, pokervip, raketherake) for various poker rooms how do thess sites work? And are they legit? which ones would people recommend for the best return of $?

Again any insight or information you could provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      bullshit!

its duable! lets say you are playing 7s with SNE, u get around 8fpps per tournament and there are guys who plays 20k games per month. and thats around 2,5k in point rewards only, not counting milestone bonuses.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      In theory it's possible to be getting not too far off 2k$ in a month from RB by clearing out bonuses @ NL50. In practice the software on sites like that isn't very multitabling friendly, and traffic is much lower than on stars so you'd get to be playing all the shitty tables too etc

Don't bother about clearing bonuses while you are playing NL10, you won't be able to clear full bonus on such stakes and later as you move up will regret not having juicy bonuses to clear.

If I were you I'd just grind zoom until moving up, you pay the least rake bb/100 in zoom and can put in massive hands/hr. It's a bit of a nitfest tho.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      agree with nightfrostaSS, up to like nl20-50, most of your winnings will come from just winnings, not RB, so i wouldnt worry about clearing the bonuses like crazy... it will help you for a better winrate if ur, lets say playing NL50+

and yeah, on nl10, you wont be able to clear 100% of the bonus, its even hard to do on NL20, so its just a waste of money
    • Krimica
      Krimica
      Bronze
      IMO there is a lot of BS said here. I mean I earned till now(this year) more then 11k$ only from RB, promos, FDB etc. playing NL50-NL20. I played over 300k hands till now but it's far from what NightFrostaSS calls only theory. Of course you can make 3k$ a month but depends on your volume, deal and limit. I even know a guy who earns 2k$ a month playing NL20-30 from RB. For me RB is important since I pay my life expenses and winnings always stay in BR.
      IMO most of the things that people call not realistically(or in theory) are achievable as well but require more and harder work. Of course NL10 is really a bit too low but let's say NL25 SH is really possible but you have to put huge volume and decide if it's worth. You know the best for yourself and that's why you should rather post your idea in facts rather then asking for a bunch of random opinions.
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      I can inform you how to get a little bit more than 80% rakeback for getting 400€ of rake in 30 days. I'm doing it right now, will finish in 18 days total playing 3 hours a day on NL10.

18 days at NL10 gets you 320€ this way (about 420$).

PM me.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well i play nl100 and it takes me about 150k hands to get 3k in rakeback. I play on stars where I get about 45-50% rakeback. In order to get 3k on nl50 it would take almost twice as many hands, which is kinda sick but still doable if your willing to grind 200hours a month, on lower limits its definitely not even worth trying to play that many hands to get a few bucks from RB. Your gonna be way better off improving, table selecting and moving up to make more monies.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krimica
      I played over 300k hands till now but it's far from what NightFrostaSS calls only theory
      11k in rakeback over 300k+ hands? What sort of ridiculous rake bb/100 are you paying then? Last year when I played NL50 I paid ~8.5k over 330k hands.
    • Krimica
      Krimica
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      I played over 300k hands till now but it's far from what NightFrostaSS calls only theory
      11k in rakeback over 300k+ hands? What sort of ridiculous rake bb/100 are you paying then? Last year when I played NL50 I paid ~8.5k over 330k hands.
      Read again FDB, RB, promos etc. Last month I got even more then 100% RB. How? Betfair sick promos. FDB 2000$+PointsToCash Conversation 2500$+ MoneyMatrix 3000$ + 1400$ PS Rake Race. I raked 8k$ in 200k hands combined NL50 and NL20. And I got over 100% RB. So what's the importance of how much you pay if you choose the right deals.

My point is there are a lot of things that might not seem possible. I mean there are o lot of good deals out there and there is a bunch of opportunities. There are a lot of ways to success so to do what fits for your plans the best.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Read again FDB, RB, promos etc. Last month I got even more then 100% RB. How? Betfair sick promos. FDB 2000$+PointsToCash Conversation 2500$+ MoneyMatrix 3000$ + 1400$ PS Rake Race. I raked 8k$ in 200k hands combined NL50 and NL20. And I got over 100% RB. So what's the importance of how much you pay if you choose the right deals.

My point is there are a lot of things that might not seem possible. I mean there are o lot of good deals out there and there is a bunch of opportunities. There are a lot of ways to success so to do what fits for your plans the best.
      I'm fully aware you've mentioned FDB and promos it's pretty much same thing as RB just with few different conditions so obv I didn't see a point in writing rb +FDB, promos yada yada.

Ofc how much you pay has no negative impact on you when you have 100%+ rb and I wasn't saying that it does, I was simply wondering how you managed to rake in so much with such little volume.