[NL20-NL50] Q6o, freeplay, trips

• pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      New 6-max table, first hand. The opponent is completely unknown 1-tabler, probably a fish.

Can we shove turn here? Which kicker could we shove profitably on the turn?
      I planned check-call the river vs almost every bet up to 3/4 of pot size.
      Do you think is it a good fold on the river?

NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($20)
      ($20)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: 6:club:

calls $0.15, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.50) Q:club: 8:heart: Q:spade:

Hero checks, bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

TURN ($1) Q:club: 8:heart: Q:spade: A:club:

Hero checks, bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.75, raises to $3, Hero calls $1.25

RIVER ($7) Q:club: 8:heart: Q:spade: A:club: 3:diamond:

Hero checks, bets $13.25, Hero folds
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I would iso-raise this if you were in a 6max game and had postflop position. Given that this is headsup and you will be OOP postflop I think checking should be the standard play.

Note that you are playing in a limped pot. Stacks are deeper, stack to pot ratio is much higher. As stacks get deeper, you should be stacking off with stronger hands postflop. Trips is a pretty weak hand to play for stacks postflop with 19.75$ left behind in a $0.40 pot.

Flop: I would just pot on every street. I don't think our hand is strong enough to check/raise, and at the same time we can bet three streets for value. I would definitely c/r 88 here though.

River: Definitely folding here. I think the biggest mistake is to take the c/c c/r line. If you give the initiative to villain, he bets small on the Flop and you lose value. IF you c/r and isolate yourself vs stronger QX hands, you just value-cut yourself.

Betting makes things easy - You maximize value vs worse, and you can minimize losses vs stronger hands.

Thanks.
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      And would you stack here (on turn or river) with KQ, QJ or QT?
      I know these hand aren't in my range here, but it is question of his spectrum. Are these hands good enough to call or push in a similar spot?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      AQ/KQ are definitely strong enough to stack off here cos you just dominate way more worse QX hands.

Think about every hand he could play in this fashion, then see whether your hand is a favourite vs those hands or not.

You either use pokerstrategy equilab to see whether your equity is >50% or not, or you can manually count the card combos.