clandestinegoat

• 5 replies
    • clandestinegoat
      clandestinegoat
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I took an interest in poker because it seemed like a fun enjoyable way of supplementing my current income, after losing a bit I realised that this is not a very easy way to make money but I developed quite an appreciation for the game, my current motivation is to become the best player I can as I really have fallen in love with this game.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

- Lack of patience which leads to playing too many hands

- Tilt very easily after a bad beat, especially when players make poor calls and end up winning on the river, my play deteriorates quite rapidly after these instances

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

To me it means being selective about what hands you play and which position you play them from whilst simultaneously playing these hands 'fast', putting a lot of pressure on your appoints when you have a good hand. I believe this works because you put yourself in a position where you are the favourite and thus most likely to win the hands you participate in.
    • Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Hiya clandestinegoat

I notice you have a weakness of tilting when players make a bad call. I have the weakness of tilting when I make a bad decision, meaning that I know the decision is bad but I still make it.

What helps me to tilt much less often is the power of anticipation (tony robbins) :f_cool: Before each session and during the session I remember that I'm just learning and I most likely will make mistakes. This allows me to anticipate my mistakes and don't worry too much about them. You could apply the same thinking to bad beats (I never tilt about bad beats anymore :) ).

Good luck with the course!

Dawidas888
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by clandestinegoat
      Beginners course :)
      Hello clandestinegoat,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • clandestinegoat
      clandestinegoat
      Bronze
      Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

You could play more marginal hands than the BSS chart recommends depending on how loose your opponents are playing, for example if someone with a very high VPIP raised UTG, I probably wouldn't fold AQs in late position.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

Nl2 44

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

46.32%
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by clandestinegoat
      Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

You could play more marginal hands than the BSS chart recommends depending on how loose your opponents are playing, for example if someone with a very high VPIP raised UTG, I probably wouldn't fold AQs in late position.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

Nl2 44

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

46.32%
      Congrats, homework 2 complete !

Q1: It's always about the information you have.

The more information we have the looser/tighter we can play. So if the opponents are tight we can steal more. If they are looser we can play looser. ETC.

Best of luck at the tables,

Bogdan