Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+2:
      $19.10
      Hero:
      $12.25

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T:spade: , T:club:
      UTG+2 calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, 6 folds, UTG+2 calls $2.00.

Flop: ($5.75) 4:heart: , Q:spade: , A:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($5.75) 9:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5.75) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $6.75

Villain is a big fish, im afraid he can't fold, ok to play c/c within reasonable amounts or should I play C/F all the way with 2 overcards on the board?
  • 7 replies
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      u can delay ur cbet for 1 street, but u can't check trun , u have position and if hes checking river u can check behind.
    • xxxdannyxxx
      xxxdannyxxx
      Bronze
      i would have done a cont bet on the flop,but even checking is not a bad play if you think he is being tricky.but on the turn after his check you have to bet.no point in giving him a free card if hes looking for a draw
    • Gonzo394
      Gonzo394
      Bronze
      cbet is a MUST here. $3 should suffice because its a rainbow Ahigh board.
      He should be afraid of the A himself, because it is too often in your Pocket.

Even if he calls: Either he has the Ace and you c/f all the way, or he hasn't and he checks all the way and you get to see the showdown.

Plus you simply can't bet this board every time you have the ace and check it when you don't, this makes you way to readable.
    • JonatanW
      JonatanW
      Bronze
      I almost always do c-bets, but this guy was a calling station. I didn't think I had much FE. I had a similar hand the next day and (again against a calling station) I checked behind on the flop then c-bet on turn and check behind on river and it worked out pretty well.
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      Looks fine to me against a calling station. Nh.
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      i would never make a delay with an A high Flop, because the FE is so high, especialy against fishes.

If he call, you are beat and could easily c/f all the way.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi JonatanW,

cbet the flop something like 3-3,25$ and then check fold all the way. He only needs to fold in less then 30% to make this play profitable and its an A high unconnected rainbow. Also when he calls with a gutshot he will check it down with you on later streets.