[NL2-NL10] nl5 QQ zoom

• 4 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I don't think i'll 2nd barrel. He can have some Kx in his range and you don't need to protect your hand as much so I'd check and play for pot control+bluff induce. If he bets the river and its not too big i'll call him off, if he checks river again i'll throw in a thin value river bet.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think betting again on the turn and planning to check back the river is fine.
      When the K hits it makes his Kx combos less, and he'd be more inclined to call again with 8x/7x/PP.

Best,
      Plamen
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

I think betting again on the turn and planning to check back the river is fine.
      When the K hits it makes his Kx combos less, and he'd be more inclined to call again with 8x/7x/PP.

Best,
      Plamen
      What do you think of check behind turn and call river or bet river if he checks? That way he could overvalue some hands he has or bluff the river and if he has a Kx we pay him off less.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      This line sounds good too, but the only problem is that we have no info about the guy, so we don't really know he is calling the flop with something like A high.

Having this said, we can't really assume that he has a lot of air when calling the flop, so we can't assume that he's going to bluff the river, and this also means that he mostly has made hands.
      Also, by checking back we risk some bad river card do show up and scare his 8x/7x, and if we bet ourselves we say how big the bet is going to be.