Bronze
      BTN: $4 (100 bb)
      SB: $6.98 (174.5 bb)
      BB: $4 (100 bb)
      UTG: $4.72 (118 bb)
      MP: $2.61 (65.3 bb) 48/5/flc bet 43/ 69 hands
      CO: $1.32 (33 bb)

Preflop: hero is BTN with A :diamond: K:diamond:
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.04, CO folds, BTN raises to $0.18, 2 folds, MP calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.42) J:heart: 5:diamond: Q:spade: (2 players)
      MP bets $0.04, BTN raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.26

flop against this weak lead i think raising is fine with 2 overs + gs

Turn: ($1.02) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      MP bets $0.04, BTN calls $0.04

the turn give us the nut fD . And even if he didnt lead again i wouldnt 2nd barrel cause i dont think i got much FE . i think he calls with Q or J. Also he got a bad stack. and doesnt seem to fold . But def i cant fold .

River: ($1.10) 5:club: (2 players)
      MP bets $0.54, BTN folds
  • 7 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I'd raise a bit higher on the flop, close to 0.38. I'd think of it as a cbet into a 0.46 pot.

I would raise the turn too. Normally donk flop with weak pairs and he might fold to more aggression and your hand has picked up more equity and you have 12 outs now so your hand is good enough to raise. Had he checked the turn I'd still cbet turn and won't even mind getting it in especially with his stack size.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is good.

Raising the flop is close here, since this board is likely to hit his range, but if you have reads on him that he donk/folds a lot then definitely go for the raise.

As played, just calling the turn is fine. The card connects with the board and I don't expect us to have enough FE here.

The river is standard.

Best,
      Plamen
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Preflop is good.

Raising the flop is close here, since this board is likely to hit his range, but if you have reads on him that he donk/folds a lot then definitely go for the raise.

As played, just calling the turn is fine. The card connects with the board and I don't expect us to have enough FE here.

The river is standard.

Best,
      Plamen
      Why are we even looking at FE that much, we have such good hand equity as well. Overall equity is pretty good IMO.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Because what we are trying to do here is to make him fold hands, and if we get called to have decent equity.

On the turn against a hand like JT we have 35% equity, and we don't really want to build up the pot when having less than 50% equity, right?
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Hello, Preflop is good. Raising the flop is close here, since this board is likely to hit his range, but if you have reads on him that he donk/folds a lot then definitely go for the raise. As played, just calling the turn is fine. The card connects with the board and I don't expect us to have enough FE here. The river is standard. Best, Plamen

hi! I dont have reads . But this min donks are really weak. Tbh i dont expect to have a ton of FE on the Qjx board. But we got 2 overs the gs + bd fd . So i think its fine. However my plan against him isnt to barrel so maybe thats why the raise inst great option . Cause i am gonna shut down in a lot of turns..

Also if he didnt min /donk the turn again its better to bet or ch/ and hope to hit river ?
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      35% hand equity and about 15% FE which is not too hard with a standard raise on the turn I think. He won't be able to continue with worse Jx and some Qx hands here and can continue with mostly Tx+pair hands only.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I think expecting this guy to fold a Jx is quite optimistic here.

Also his stack size is quite concerning since he could easily go for a mindonk/shove here.

Overall, we don't want to raise with bluffs/semi-bluffs against these type of guys, but rather just bet for pure value.