[NL20-NL50] 25NL - AK otb multiway

• nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Villain is a solid reg playing 23/20 after 800 hands. He cbets flop 68% overall.

I don't 3bet because raiser is utg - I think this is okay.

I was unsure whether to bet the flop after it checks round. Now I think it might've been good.

IPN (Boss Media) - €0.25 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BTN): €24.88
      SB: €36.89
      BB: €28.90
      UTG: €26.95
      MP: €24.63
      CO: €24.63

SB posts SB €0.12, BB posts BB €0.25

Pre Flop: (€0.37) Hero has A:club: K:spade:

UTG raises to €0.87, MP calls €0.87, fold, Hero calls €0.87, fold, fold

Flop: (€2.98, 3 players) Q:spade: 2:spade: T:club:
      UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: (€2.98, 3 players) 4:club:
      UTG bets €1.50, fold, Hero raises to €4.00, UTG calls €2.50

When utg leads the turn it looks like he's stabbing so I semibluff-raise with some clean outs (J, A and K all look fairly clean and I have position so can re-evaluate on river). I would expect him to bet Qx or and overpair otf given wetness of board so when he calls my raise I put him on an underpair or KJ type hand. A fd is unlikely as he knows he is unlikely to get paid if it hits and there aren't many good fd's in his utg range (AsXs surely bets flop and I have the Ks and the Ac!)

River: (€10.98, 2 players) 5:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero?

Actions so far?
      As played, what to do on river?
  • 6 replies
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      Look, the board is draw heavy. You would always bet flop with any strong hand. So you've made a huge mistake by checking the flop. It is a pretty standard float here for us. Because we can get it easy and force to fold better hands like small-average pairs.

As played you are representing only 44 on the turn or spade draw (which is not ready hand, so he will not fold) because of your line. And raise is too small. 44 is very narrow value range, and on the river there is many missed draws, so I would expect him to call me very often. I don't like bluffing if you missed flop.
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Thx pokerferrer. So by not betting the flop I basically look FOS if I start betting on later streets?

I think I have put too much thought into villains holding without putting any thought into what I represent. This is prob a leak of mine
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Not squeezing here is sub optimal. AKo plays poorly in multiway

Flop: I would bet here with 2 overs + gutshot

Turn: You rep not much besides draws and 44. I don't really like this turn raise.

Thanks.
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Hm so are you calling a preflop shove from utg here mbml? Seems bad vs utg range? I am on the btn not in the blinds if that makes any difference

Also I see alot of vids where players flat AK to a utg raise and it seems to make sense.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Yes i would call a shove.

I agree with flatting AK vs UTG opens, but this is a multiway situation and squeezing > flatting here in this case. If you did not have the other caller coming along then I think a flat may be the better play.

Your 3betting range here should be wider here when you want to squeeze IP (as compared to 3betting without the other caller) since there is more dead money to take down. As a result, he should be 4betting you wider as well and thus you should not fold vs a 4b.
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Cool, understand that. Thanks mbml