$25.00
      SB:
      $30.52
      BB:
      $18.93
      MP3:
      $23.82

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.00, SB raises to $6.20, 3 folds, 2 folds, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.

CO 72 hands vpip25 pfr25 wtsd50 fold to 3 BET 100      SB  92  hands  vpip23 pfr13 wtsd9 3BET3.1

fold was okey?
  • 4 replies
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      QQ usually is a standart stack off. If his range is QQ+, AK, we have to stack here, because we always have enough pot odds to call. Also it is a steal resteal situation, so I would never fold the hand.
      Usually it is just a cooler which in a mirror will be played the same way by opponent.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pokerferrer
      Usually it is just a cooler which in a mirror will be played the same way by opponent.
      This is a very good observation... Whenever you play the hand the same as your opponent would if you exchange hands, nobody wins or loses.

That said, if we can make good folds that our opponents wouldn't make or good calls, we gain. In this case I actually think folding is not as nitty as it seems. After 100 hands, SB 3bet 3% and now he cold 4bets to a very big sizing. Unless he is a bit tilted, I think he has QQ+ in his range only and we cannot stack off against that when we have QQ ourselves.
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      The problem is by folding almost top of our range we are probably losing value. So it will be not a mirror situation where we will lose tonn of money by just folding it. Also I want to listen mbml's or Bogdan's opinions. I really can't call this fold good.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      This is not the top of our range though. The top of our range is AA and our opponent will not have enough QQ, AK in his range in this spot. He has no bluffs.. we don't fold incorrectly when we are always behind his range and don't get FE or good pot odds.