BRM and attitude

• MRgRa
      MRgRa
      Bronze
      Hi guys! I started playing at Pokerstars NL2 SH ZOOM with bankroll 10$. At this moment I'm playing only one table at time, and my plan is to play at two tables, when I reach x$, etc. So here's my graph after six day play (some hours):

So my question is: do I need to invest more money, say some 50$, and then start multitabling, or this is ok?
  • 16 replies
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Personally I don't think you need to invest anymore. If you are new to the game one zoom table is enough, you will be able to play about 250 hands/hr. Which is pretty good. Maybe when you get to $25 you can try playing two zoom tables if you are comfortable with it.

But for now I would recommend you just play one table and get some experience in the game. Mark some hands and try to work on ranges, this will be much easier at one table!
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      You need to understand swing theory. No1 said you need somewhat BR at all if you can reload whenever you want (this means you have BR whatever you want) You can get busted with your 18$ if you will catch bad run, some downswing etc. Why people talk about BR is - someone calculated that even with quite big downswings you should survive and not get busted (but still it happens now and then) For zoom 6max you would need like 30 BI BR (and if you get busted then your game probably sucks and need to learn and improve). I think people are fooled by BR especially new ones to poker - because they think - oh i have bankroll of 30 BIs in 6max, i can crush this game, when he loses he says - was not my fault. All the thing is - you need to work on mistakes what you made and catch them out. BR is sophisticated stuff. (multitablers have 100 BIs in their accounts, its not because they feel comfortable - they just do not care about BR. They learned swing stuff and keep grinding out all the $$$ in long run)

For you - try 2 table, try 1 table - you might get busted, and might not. It depends how bad variance gets to you. You even might 8 table with your 18$ bucks and on good run get even doubled up. Do whats best for you. If you think about your naarow BR - make it bigger. Do not let your brains think about how big your BR is now. You are loosing focus from games.

Good luck at tables.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlvisR
      You need to understand swing theory. No1 said you need somewhat BR at all if you can reload whenever you want (this means you have BR whatever you want) You can get busted with your 18$ if you will catch bad run, some downswing etc. Why people talk about BR is - someone calculated that even with quite big downswings you should survive and not get busted (but still it happens now and then) For zoom 6max you would need like 30 BI BR (and if you get busted then your game probably sucks and need to learn and improve). I think people are fooled by BR especially new ones to poker - because they think - oh i have bankroll of 30 BIs in 6max, i can crush this game, when he loses he says - was not my fault. All the thing is - you need to work on mistakes what you made and catch them out. BR is sophisticated stuff. (multitablers have 100 BIs in their accounts, its not because they feel comfortable - they just do not care about BR. They learned swing stuff and keep grinding out all the $$$ in long run)

For you - try 2 table, try 1 table - you might get busted, and might not. It depends how bad variance gets to you. You even might 8 table with your 18$ bucks and on good run get even doubled up. Do whats best for you. If you think about your naarow BR - make it bigger. Do not let your brains think about how big your BR is now. You are loosing focus from games.

Good luck at tables.
      You are clearly overrating BRM at micro limits, you need to get out of them as quickly as possible because of the high rake, so 30 BI should be enough to comfortable play four zoom tables. And if anyone are playing with 100 BI's they are either HUUUGE bankroll nits or they are pros and can't afford to lose their roll.

And I guess losing the $10 won't crush his economy so with that in mind and considering how soft NL2 are I think he should give it a shot while learning the game better. If he can't beat NL2 he should really consider learning the game better and really study hard before re-depositing.
    • legand73
      legand73
      Gold
      Hey AlvisR

I think people are fooled by BR especially new ones to poker - because they think - oh i have bankroll of 30 BIs in 6max, i can crush this game, when he loses he says - was not my fault

You definitely make a good point about not worrying about bankroll solely, but i think it is something that players need to be aware of. Bankroll management is very important, especially when a player is new.

" if you can reload whenever you want (this means you have BR whatever you want)"

You're right that your bankroll extends further than what is in the poker client account when you reload like this. In my opinion it makes it hard to keep track of your bankroll if you do this and bankroll is something we need to be very aware of so that like you said we can make sure things like this "oh i have bankroll of 30 BIs in 6max,i can crush this game, when he loses he says - was not my fault" don't happen.

This is one of the things that makes poker so hard because the feedback you get isn't immediate. Players who win might just be on an upswing and vice versa.I hear what you're saying.

Regards,
      Luke
    • legand73
      legand73
      Gold
      Hey MRgRa

Stick at your level until you feel comfortable adding tables. Sometimes it gets quite hectic when you play too many and affects your winrate considerably. I would advise playing one for now and then every so often add another table and play two for about 30 mins or so to ease yourself into it

Regards,
      Luke
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      i do not think multitabling regs with BR like 100 BIs are nits. I would say it is more comfortable to multitable with bigger BR than smaller. Lets say you wanna multitable 24 tables with 30BIs how is that? Looks crap. And the lower the Winrate the bigger BR you will need.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Ok, if you play 24 tables you need more than 30 BI's. But he is playing zoom, so don't think he is going to play more than four tables in the nearest future. And I still think 100 BI's are on the larger side even if you play 24 tables.
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      Ye i was not talking about him, i was talking overall and tried to explain Bankroll management. The worse the player, the bigger BR he needs.

In this guys example - more tables, more mistakes, more autopilot, I would not rush. 1 tabling for a while - understand your A game. Start 2 tabling, but if you feel your A game is going away, go back to 1 tabling. (Overall we should play only when we feel we can play our A game, but it is a bit unreal given we are not robots, we have feelings - do not let them play in your place). First of all - work work work, and then improve in masstabling. Overall i think there is no reason for him to play only 2 zoom tables, if he can get edge on every1 he can play even 4 tables, or 6. Its all about - playing A game and understanding that. Not just thinking about it.
    • MRgRa
      MRgRa
      Bronze
      Thank you guys for answers. So, conclusion is - I don't need to invest more money, but keep playing with my xx$ until I hit next level, or lose all my BR? But can I multitable (2 tables) with my xx$ or better not, because I feel completely comfortable playing 2 tables, but not more? That was my main question.
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      if you will play 2 tables the same way as you did with 1 then yes, there is no reason to ride with bycicle 100km if you can do it with car :f_cool: but be careful.
    • MRgRa
      MRgRa
      Bronze
      Oh, and one more thing - should I play with auto-rebuy to 100BB, or it's not so important?
    • TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Silver
      If you're playing BSS, yes, always rebuy to 100bb!
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      it is 100% important as you stick to Big stack strategy! (overall I recommend to learn big stack strategy instead of midstack or shortstack)
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MRgRa
      Thank you guys for answers. So, conclusion is - I don't need to invest more money, but keep playing with my xx$ until I hit next level, or lose all my BR? But can I multitable (2 tables) with my xx$ or better not, because I feel completely comfortable playing 2 tables, but not more? That was my main question.
      I don't think you should be playing more than one table with your current bankroll, wait until you get 10-12 BI's before you start playing two tables imo.
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      why? where is the difference?
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      because he will now need to play for two bi's at the time, so with 5-6 bi's he can't reload very many times when he gets stacked at a table