[NL20-NL50] 25NL - AK utg raised OTT

• nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Small sample on V but he's running 22/17 over 50 hands
      Not sure what other stats can help you after such a small sample...

IPN (Boss Media) - €0.25 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: €28.24
      SB: €47.31
      BB: €29.78
      UTG: €35.97
      MP: €25.00
      Hero (CO): €34.98

SB posts SB €0.12, BB posts BB €0.25

Pre Flop: (€0.37) Hero has K:club: A:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to €0.75, fold, fold, BB calls €0.50

Flop: (€1.62, 2 players) 9:heart: 9:spade: 3:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets €0.76, BB calls €0.76

Turn: (€3.14, 2 players) K:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets €1.65, BB raises to €4.30, Hero calls €2.65

River: (€11.74, 2 players) J:spade:
      BB bets €7.25, Hero

Flop is meh but I think it's okay to cbet at least once and perhaps pot control later streets. I expect his continuing range otf to be fds, most PPs 33+ and 9x.

Turn is good for my range so he's now only repping 9x and 33 and possibly a delayed semibluff with a fd. Or a pure bluff with a PP.

If I call turn then he definitely should not be value betting the river with any of those PPs anymore so he reps only 33, 9x and a flush. In fact if he does have 9x then he should be concerned that I have the flush so should prob c/c or c/f so really he only reps 33 and spades.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: What do you know about villain's range? Given that this is in late positions and ranges should be significantly wider, I actually prefer checking back on Flop and using Ace high as a bluff catcher.

As played,

Turn: This is a bet fold here unless you think villain is getting out of line and turning 77 or Ace high into a CR bluff. I'm not sure whether NL25 players are capable of bluff raising here.

River: Everything got there, you have nut flush blocker though. You need to be putting villain on a range on the Turn before calling here and not knowing what to do on the river.
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Flop: What do you know about villain's range? Given that this is in late positions and ranges should be significantly wider, I actually prefer checking back on Flop and using Ace high as a bluff catcher.
      Fair enough yes he could have more than just PPs here. Quite alot of suited connectors, suited aces and suited broadways

Turn: This is a bet fold here unless you think villain is getting out of line and turning 77 or Ace high into a CR bluff. I'm not sure whether NL25 players are capable of bluff raising here.
      fwiw - I am :f_biggrin:
      But as standard no I agree.

River: Everything got there, you have nut flush blocker though. You need to be putting villain on a range on the Turn before calling here and not knowing what to do on the river.
      So if I think he has any pure bluffs ott then I can call the river...but if I think his turn raise is almost all value or FDs then fold river?? Is that a fair assessment?