[NL2-NL10] nl10sh KK IP against a reraise on flop

• EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      Boss, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (CO): $10.65 (106.5 bb)
      BTN: $11 (110 bb)
      SB: $9.88 (98.8 bb)
      BB: $20.72 (207.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K K
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 8 J 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1.73, Hero calls $1.23

Turn: ($4.11) J (2 players)
      BB bets $3.08, Hero raises to $8.62, BB calls $5.54

River: ($21.35) 5 (2 players)

Results:
      $21.35 pot ($1.06 rake)
      Final Board: 8 J 3 J 5
      Hero showed K K and lost (-$10.65 net)
      BB showed K J and won $20.29 ($9.64 net)

Opponent is TAG.vpip 22 / pfr 13 / 3bet pre 7.3 / af 3.3 / wts 37 / w%sd 58 / hands 400 / flop raise cbet 33%.
      Should i shove on flop ? Looked like a bluff to me the raise on turn with so many draws down.Or i should just fold the turn ?

Thanks !
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi EnterG,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: We block certain FDs with the K so there are less potential draws in his range however we should still include some.

I think that at these limits players are less likely to raise draws and he can have some Jx or sets and that turn, while it reduces the number of set combos, makes Jx beat our hand.

So I think it is closer to a fold.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hello Bogdan!

Didn't quite get it: fold the flop or turn?
      I agree, that on these limits villains X/R with semi-bluff rather rarely and I, most likely, would fold the flop. Even with out K
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dienaszaglis
      Hello Bogdan!

I agree, that on these limits villains X/R with semi-bluff rather rarely and I, most likely, would fold the flop. Even with out K
      Neveer folding flop against this loose guy who clearly isn't a tag post-flop, more like maniac/calling station.

On turn we don't beat Jx anymore (which is definitely in his raising range) and sets are also continuing barreling. What do you want to gain by raising that turn? Is there any worse hand that calls you and can you make better ones to fold?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by dienaszaglis
      Hello Bogdan!

Actually I don't think folding the flop is a huge mistake however, if villain has been aggro, we have to include Jx in his range and some draws. So we can call (or even 3-bet the flop). But as played the turn is the spot where we need to consider folding because we beat 0 hand from his value range now.