NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($24.31)
      Hero ($23.15)
      UTG ($24.36)
      UTG+1 ($21.16)
      CO ($34.50)
      BTN ($27.90)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: 5:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.60, fold, Hero raises to $2.20, BTN calls $1.60

FLOP ($4.50) 6:diamond: A:spade: 8:spade:

Hero bets $2.30, BTN calls $2.30

TURN ($9.10) 6:diamond: A:spade: 8:spade: T:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $4.75, Hero calls $4.75

RIVER ($18.60) 6:diamond: A:spade: 8:spade: T:diamond: 8:diamond:

Hero bets $4.60, BTN raises to $18.65 (AI), Hero folds

BTN wins $26.41

21/16, aqf 70 (10), 59h

I did not have too loose 3bet image and he was succesfully stealing so far, so I decided to chekc how he folds with my blocker.

Flop - I could give up, because it was for fold equity preflop. And if he does not show interest on flop, then think about defending on later streets.

On the other hand - this is a flop where we cbet as bluff. And he might be having some suited cards whihc he calls, maybe JJ, TT, but don't kwno if such hands call a cbet.

Turn - no value in betting I guess, so bluffcatch.

RIver I gues is realy bad. In game I was thining - oh, I now split with aces so I can try to get value from JJ.

But his raise is really interesing- I don't think its Ax. So it means he callet with 8x or FD.

Or maybe is reppign flush because I show weakness.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

I think betting flop is way too ambitious. You need to get value against all his range. Although it's true he doesn't fold JJ to one bet, you also get called by all better aces and flushdraws which can usually play well against you on turns and rivers when you build to big of a pot.

I think you should start by checking the flop. You cbet as a bluff here often because people fold so don't call too weak, meaning betting for thin value is bad.

As played, just check/decide river. You rep exactly what you have with your line: Ax that is not AT+ so you never get called by JJ unless he is quite a bad player.