Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20.30)
      Hero ($20)
      UTG ($35.63)
      CO ($20)
      BTN ($20)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: K:heart:

fold, CO raises to $0.60, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.20, CO calls $1.60

FLOP ($4.50) Q:diamond: 4:spade: 8:club:

Hero bets $2.20, CO calls $2.20

TURN ($8.90) Q:diamond: 4:spade: 8:club: 6:diamond:

Hero bets $2.20, CO calls $2.20

RIVER ($13.30) Q:diamond: 4:spade: 8:club: 6:diamond: J:club:

Hero bets $3.30, CO raises to $7, Hero folds

CO wins $18.91

Have no idea what is this player, maybe this was first hand with him, this is anon table.

Lets say its unknown.

Flop and turn they can easily call with JJ, TT, 99, or even worse hands if he is fish.

On river JJ completse, TT, 99 folds to big bet. So I blockbet, hoping everything wil be fine :)

Once he raises, this is probalyu not a bluff with such sizing.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Why do you bet so small on the turn? If he is unknown he is not that likely to be good imo.. I would just bet a bit bigger on the turn and prepare to shove river on good cards. That is prob the worst river card.. QJ, T9s got there and there's basically no hand in his range that can call a bet that we beat.. maybe JT, QT but that is very unlikely imo so your action should usually be to check/fold river, not blockbet... when you blcokbet with the purpose of just putting in a small amount of money so you don't check/fold but end up getting called by QJ anyway, you are still wasting money.. I would use this sort of bet only based on my opponent's range strength, never based on mine.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Why do you bet so small on the turn? If he is unknown he is not that likely to be good imo..

I would not say that because he is unknown - its not likley that he is good. THis might be true for non anonimous tables, but at anonimouse - all are unknowns.

So I bet small to get calls from underpairs. Otherwise they might consider folding if he is thinking.He also does not know me, so might not want to risk.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      But that turn card improves his range, it gives him more and more pair + draw hands, your folding equity decreases, you should be happy to bet bigger for value and get called extremely often. :)