Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($28.10)
      BB ($27.06)
      UTG ($35.10)
      CO ($26.82)
      BTN ($20)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2.20, fold, BTN calls $1.60

FLOP ($4.60) 9:spade: T:heart: J:heart:

Hero bets $2.60, BTN raises to $7.40, Hero folds

BTN wins $9.31

notes:
      call two barrels on Txx T board OOP, bet river big - bluff w busted GS
      call vs steall in BB IP, call cbet KK7ss w A7, call on blank turn, cbh 9 river

call vs steal in SB w AQ when BB is fish, check 793ss w BDFD in 3way, check T, check 4 w A high
      thinks long before callint turn with good FH

c/r TTx fd in 3way 3bet pot w overpair
      can c/r big in 3way Axx, donk turn 2/3 and fold to raise when 30bb is left

BB: 20/18, squeze 13, 190h

QTs looked too strong to fold cs BTN, and BB is likely to squeze, so I did 3bet myself.

His f3bet is enough I guess for a 3bet with suited gapper broadway.

Also he folds to cbets 50%, goes to sd rarely.

His raise might be strong so fold. Only his sizing looks bit too small and gives decent odds for draws.
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi,

Why do you cbet here though? I see this more as a cbet just because you hit a pair which is not enough to justify a play, nor does it help how to approach different reactions from your opponent.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Why do you cbet here though? I see this more as a cbet just because you hit a pair which is not enough to justify a play, nor does it help how to approach different reactions from your opponent.

I don't kwno what to do. If I check theres is good chance that he will bet and I migth be not sure how good I am. I have some equity, but on suich board he also easily can have good equity.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      If he has good equity and you bet, how does it make it easier for you though?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      If he has good equity and you bet, how does it make it easier for you though?

Maybe the eaisr part is that he cannot bluff me out. Unless he bluffraises, whish is less likely than him betting with hand like 77

BUt no line is easy there for me.

And BTw would it be correct to just call preflop? Knowing BB squze is 13?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      He cannot bluff you out.. Whatever you do, sometimes you make the bad decision against his specific hand and you have to always think in ranges.

In this spot his range hits well whether you bet or not, you already agreed with that. Now, to 'bet to not get bluffed' is kind of saying that your hand wins a lot by capitalizing on equity. In this case though.. you have second pair and OESD in a spot where your opponent will always bet when you check. That means your made hand is good enough as a bluffcatcher imo. Furthermore, your redraw is good enough to ensure you get to river and showdown often so you don't just check/call once do give up.

On the flop side, if you bet, you still almost never get a fold and you make the pot bigger meaning you start to commit to stacking off (it's a 3bet pot, remember SPR in this spot). Furthermore, your hand won't bluff him off anything nor will it get called by actual worse range.