[NL2-NL10] NL16SH AJ trips river minitiltcall, 23 BI deep fish at table!

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $16.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $18.40
      SB: $18.72
      BB: $366.81
      CO: $52.91

Pre Flop: ($0.24) Hero is BTN with J :spade: A :diamond:
      CO raises to $0.48, Hero calls $0.48, 1 fold, BB calls $0.32

Flop: ($1.52) A :club: T :diamond: 7 :club: (3 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $0.92, Hero calls $0.92, BB folds

Turn: ($3.36) A :heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $2.62, Hero calls $2.62

River: ($8.60) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $48.85, Hero calls $14.38 all in

Villain is 25/19 on 1.1k hands, however in this session he is playing a lot looser because the guy currently on BB is 59/46 and as you can see, is super deepstacked.

I believe I was tilted in this session through having many hands with villains donkoverbetshoving rivers when possible draws completed. I think this call I made is minitilt i.e. me becoming exasperated at how the session is going and timebank/sigh-calling as a bad adaption to what had been happening so far.

To try and analyse this hand properly I have to ask myself: "What range can I call the riverjam with?"
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

It's pretty obvious that you have at least trip Aces. I think this is a really bad spot to bluff when the other guy has something high in absolute hand strength.

Since this is a bad bluffing spot, we can only guess that this guy has some full houses trying to go for maximum value vs your trips. To the indisciplined micro-stakes player who gets carried away with absolute hand strength, it's going to be pretty tough to find a fold so I actually like villain's play.

You ask what would I call here? I probably 3bet AQ and AK, so the bottom of my calling range here is a full house.