This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL16SH AJ trips river minitiltcall, 23 BI deep fish at table!

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $16.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $18.40
      SB: $18.72
      BB: $366.81
      CO: $52.91

Pre Flop: ($0.24) Hero is BTN with J :spade: A :diamond:
      CO raises to $0.48, Hero calls $0.48, 1 fold, BB calls $0.32

Flop: ($1.52) A :club: T :diamond: 7 :club: (3 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $0.92, Hero calls $0.92, BB folds

Turn: ($3.36) A :heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $2.62, Hero calls $2.62

River: ($8.60) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $48.85, Hero calls $14.38 all in

Villain is 25/19 on 1.1k hands, however in this session he is playing a lot looser because the guy currently on BB is 59/46 and as you can see, is super deepstacked.

I believe I was tilted in this session through having many hands with villains donkoverbetshoving rivers when possible draws completed. I think this call I made is minitilt i.e. me becoming exasperated at how the session is going and timebank/sigh-calling as a bad adaption to what had been happening so far.

To try and analyse this hand properly I have to ask myself: "What range can I call the riverjam with?"
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

It's pretty obvious that you have at least trip Aces. I think this is a really bad spot to bluff when the other guy has something high in absolute hand strength.

Since this is a bad bluffing spot, we can only guess that this guy has some full houses trying to go for maximum value vs your trips. To the indisciplined micro-stakes player who gets carried away with absolute hand strength, it's going to be pretty tough to find a fold so I actually like villain's play.

You ask what would I call here? I probably 3bet AQ and AK, so the bottom of my calling range here is a full house.