Autoregistration at annoying poker site

• Vaars
      Vaars
      Bronze
      Why can't PartyPoker put better information out on their site?

I won one of those $2 rebuy subqualifiers to the $70 qualifiers to the Pokerfest Main Event and expected to register in whichever I wanted. I had asked earlier on the Live Chat whether I could do this, and they said I could register in whichever $70 qualifier I wanted. So I went to bed thinking it was a good enough day trumped with this prize. It was the first one of its kind that I won.

So I wake up the next morning to find that I no longer have this entry and instead have 12 PartyPoints extra. I then find the email that says I have been autoregistered for the event without my knowledge. No notice in either of the lobbies, neither the qualifying lobby nor the target event's lobby. Nothing in the rules, T&Cs, nothing. Absolutely useless, conning me out of a $70 prize like that. I can't even do anything about it. Of course I didn't make the mistake the second time I won the event. I am now very wary of all the tricks that make people feel that they have been cheated out of their money. How hard can it be to just say in the lobbies: WARNING!!! AUTOREGISTRATION TO THE TARGET EVENT OCCURS!!! After all, they warn enough about the fact that every single other qualifier requires manual registration to the target event...

And then of course they schedule maintenance at awkward times, start it early so that bonuses can't be earned, etc. Then the site's laggy, it crashes after updates, and so on. All makes for a pretty infuriating site to play on.
  • 2 replies
    • Phoenix2104
      Phoenix2104
      Bronze
      Exactly same thing has happened to me a while back. After various letters of complaining they decided to refund a portion of the lost ticket in tournament dollars.
    • Vaars
      Vaars
      Bronze
      Oh so it has happened before this Pokerfest. I might continue complaining, but I don't really know what to say to them any more. I'd better get this Main Event entry somehow!

More to the point, they REALLY need to put more information out, else this will keep on happening as long as they are still running. And I don't see how this benefits anyone except those who happen to check their email after that particular tournament, and end up in a qualifier in which someone else has been screwed over like this.