This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Aq

• MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      I really thought his bet on the river was some kind of weird blockbet, like a bad queen or even jack trying to get a cheap showdown..

PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

SB: 189 BB (VPIP: 31.37, PFR: 21.57, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 53)
      Hero (MP): 165.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 2.6 BB, fold

Flop: (7 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond: 9:diamond: J:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 4 BB, SB calls 4 BB

Turn: (15 BB, 2 players) 4:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets 9 BB, SB calls 9 BB

River: (33 BB, 2 players) K:club:
      SB bets 1 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, SB calls 9 BB

Hero shows A:diamond: Q:spade: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 25%, Flop 74%, Turn 84%)
      SB shows K:heart: A:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 75%, Flop 26%, Turn 16%)
      SB wins 50.8 BB
  • 2 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      River is just a call, I'd treat that min-bet as a check. Now there's just too many hands that beat us and you can't make better one to fold by raising (at least when you raise that small)
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey MarliesB,

I'd probably bet a little bigger on the flop, lots of worse hands not folding on this texture.

On the river when the board runs 4-to-straight it's a really bad board for extracting value. Even if villain does play a bad Q/J this way you shouldn't necessarily expect him to pay off a raise. My preferred option is just to flat river. If villain had just checked it wouldn't normally be a good spot to value bet.