SB bets $1.24, fold

SB wins $1.66

unknown villain
      slowplaying flop?
      turn raise sizing?
      river fold?
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      Flop - I don't mind raising directly here because the board is draw heavy but calling to get one more bet on the turn and then raising is also a fine plan.

Turn - I think it's time to raise for value now we get value from draws and pairs.

River - I'm not folding here. I think he could bet worse like QK that hit K or maybe J AS a block bet. I don't think he has the flush so often and I expect him to bet bigger with flush.

• faronel
      The flop play can be played both ways with more preference towards flop raise, get it. However, the question comes to mind: what is the optimal move on turn, if I call behind on flop? Is turn calling good and then raise/bet river OR what would be the optimal raise for the turn as played (still an unanswered question)?

Sorry, but I cannot take this river recommendation seriously. The river's bet sizing and villain's total hand's line indicate that river's bet is no way a block bet here. He doesn't need betting bigger with completed flush if he believes that I am not paying off with much-much worse.
    • CPallo
      Agree with Faronel here on river line. Such a donk after raise, 2 draws finishing (backdoorflush+Q9 comes there, maybe AQs?). This is only if opp. is unknown, as usually players on this level are passive and won't bluff on such cards. If we have some reads that he is capable of bluffing, I could call.

On flop I'm always raising here, he is betting so small into hero that he gets great odds to draw with that blocker bet and we are losing tons of value.