[NL20-NL50] NL25 T9s

• DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Party, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $15.07 (60.3 bb)
      SB: $29.81 (119.2 bb)
      Hero (CO): $26.95 (107.8 bb)
      BTN: $31.83 (127.3 bb)
      BB: $26.17 (104.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T 9
      MP folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, BB raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.10) A 4 A (2 players)
      BB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($10.10) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $5.75, BB calls $5.75

River: ($21.60) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero ???

BB: http://pbrd.co/11F1JuR
      Postflop popup:http://pbrd.co/11F22FT

Can we call against him preflop with T9s? My fold to 3bet% is quite high, I'm trying working on it. Postflop what line would you take? I thought calling flop is stronger than raising, because I'd never raise an Ax here without aggro history (which we didn't have), to fold out his air or small pairs on the turn. So turn bet is std, what would you do on the river?
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DarkAwi,

Preflop: While calling this hand is not terrible we should have a plan for postflop. What was your plan?

Also, what is your calling range in such a spot before you expended with hands like this?

Postflop: As played what do you think his range is for betting flop, ck/calling turn?

I would say that often enough he has some weaker Ax that he 3-bet with, some Kx and possibly JJ-QQ. So can you expect him to fold the bulk of that on the river?
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi DarkAwi,

Preflop: While calling this hand is not terrible we should have a plan for postflop. What was your plan?
      I know him well, he is kinda straight forward player 3bets quite wide (I think a bit wider against me, because I fold ~70%), and T9s can flop equity quite often, so I don't have to play fit or fold, can float (like now), or raise with strong draws, or bluffraise sometimes on scary board (where I can expect FE)

Also, what is your calling range in such a spot before you expended with hands like this?
      AQ,AJ,KQs,KJs,(TT-JJ if villain has high fold vs 4b). How should I expand this range? I like these high SC, because they can flop equity often, and less likely dominated.

Postflop: As played what do you think his range is for betting flop, ck/calling turn?

I would say that often enough he has some weaker Ax that he 3-bet with, some Kx and possibly JJ-QQ. So can you expect him to fold the bulk of that on the river?
      Ax, and Kx hands mainly. But I think he is good, so I don't think, he x/c turn, to x/f river, no point x/c turn then I think. So, if he has an Ax, he is definately not folding (I think he could expect floats on this board), if he has Kx, and played x/c on turn, he has to x/c on the river aswell, because I will not have Ax too often here, as there is 2 on the board already, and he will get good enough odds to call on the river.