[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Tt

• DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Party, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $25 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $26.29 (105.2 bb)
      CO: $26.83 (107.3 bb)
      BTN: $29.01 (116 bb)
      BB: $72.70 (290.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T T
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, Hero raises to $3.25, 2 folds, BTN calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.50) 2 7 J (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.75, BTN calls $3.75

Turn: ($15) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $7.12, Hero folds

BTN: http://pbrd.co/11F4ufE

CO is an average reg.
      BTN is kinda bad passive nit, so I cbet, because didn't want to let the passive guy bluff, the plan was to cbet, and give up on turn, because he is so passive, but I have doubts, because it seems he doesn't know the fold button. Maybe some underbet on the turn, and giveup river?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DarkAwi,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Let me quote what you said: "didn't want to let the passive guy bluff".

If I read that correctly you are afraid of a super passive guy bluffing us? If you look at his stats he bets only 24% of the time when the PFR checks to him and he is IP. Furthermore he is so passive that I doubt he ever bluffs or even semibluffs much.

So I would be happy to check and if he bets I can easily let it go.

If he checks back we have a valuebet on the turn often enough.
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Yeah but he is not folding, so I think we have a vbet on flop, don't you think? After that, I've been thinking about some thin vbet on the turn, but the pot was too big for it, so just check/folded, as he is passive, and probably chb SD value hands.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      No stats on CO?
      TT is not an automatic 3B pre for me.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DarkAwi
      Yeah but he is not folding, so I think we have a vbet on flop, don't you think? After that, I've been thinking about some thin vbet on the turn, but the pot was too big for it, so just check/folded, as he is passive, and probably chb SD value hands.
      Well, you mentioned a different reason for betting. However, even if you have some value it's at most one street.

Versus someone like him that street can be the turn after he told you that he may not have a hand (by checking flop).
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      @Dublimax: CO is not relevant, std ~25%-ish CO open and 60+ fold vs 3bet. I 3bet because im in SB, so not I'm the one who close the action, I'm more inclined to call if im in BB, but BTN seemed a weak nit who doesn't fold, I guess he calls with every brodway, and every pp he flatted CO's open with, so I thought I have value.

@BogdanPS: sounds reasonable, thanks!