This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KQo

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (CO): $13.03
      BTN: $10.09
      SB: $9.80
      BB: $13.37
      UTG: $7.94

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:spade: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.25, BTN raises to $0.68, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $0.82

Flop: ($3.15, 2 players) Q:heart: 8:heart: J:spade:
      Hero bets $1.50, BTN calls $1.50

Turn: ($6.15, 2 players) 3:club:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($6.15, 2 players) 9:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero shows Q:spade: K:heart: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 41%, Flop 81%, Turn 89%)
      BTN mucks A:diamond: J:club: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 59%, Flop 19%, Turn 11%)
      Hero wins $5.87

Villain played 14/11 nitty, but w 6% 3bet and 9% 3bet from blinds prior to this (only 37 hands though). I thought it was a spot where he was definitely 3betting me lighter than AK+,QQ, and since he is so tight pre, I think he is not getting it all in without top 2% of hands, and 4bet should show profit in a vacuum if he has 3bet bluffs which I think he may. Easy fold to further preflop action.

On the flop we have 59% equity vs JJ-TT,ATs+,AJo+, I think he never has KK+ and only one combo of QQ so not too worried. I cbet as we can get some value from AT,AJ,AK and maybe even TT, while only worried about AQ(3 combos blocked) and JJ.

Turn improves our equity to 64% but I don't think anything worse is calling a 2nd barrel nor betting so am playing check/fold.

River I didn't see value betting as a possibility so also check/folding here.
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I like 4betting here.

I don't really like cbetting here on the flop. First of all, I am not so sure that this guy 3bet AJ/AT (we do expect him to have bluffs not semi-value hands), so I think his range is likely to hit this board and I would just check/fold here.
      At the end of the day, our intention preflop was to bluff - we didn't succeed so there's nothing bad to just give up postflop.

As played, turn and river are good.

Best,
      Plamen
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      it might be good to hide the results section of posted hands as it has the possibility to skew the answers of those who comment.

i know in this particular hand i have a few thought processes but since i have seen villain's holdings it makes it tough for me to produce a helpful comment.

without seeing villain's hand i agree with your thought process.

we can likely throw most KK/AA out the window. i think all strong value hands are raising your flop cbet on this board texture. also, i think AThh, and then Jxhh would raise this flop too. i think all strong value/combo draws are raising here. so we are likely left with AQ type hands and some A2hh-A5hh/random fds, and maybe pair +gutter type hands.

stack sizing is pretty gross though. pot is already 6.15 and we have 7 behind. if we were deeper with villain i would be more inclined to bet/bet to fold out AQ by river and to get value from fds/pair +gutters.

i think check/giving up though is fine with these stack sizes as AQ would likely just shove over.