Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (CO): $13.03
      BTN: $10.09
      SB: $9.80
      BB: $13.37
      UTG: $7.94

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:spade: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.25, BTN raises to $0.68, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $0.82

Flop: ($3.15, 2 players) Q:heart: 8:heart: J:spade:
      Hero bets $1.50, BTN calls $1.50

Turn: ($6.15, 2 players) 3:club:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($6.15, 2 players) 9:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero shows Q:spade: K:heart: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 41%, Flop 81%, Turn 89%)
      BTN mucks A:diamond: J:club: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 59%, Flop 19%, Turn 11%)
      Hero wins $5.87

Villain played 14/11 nitty, but w 6% 3bet and 9% 3bet from blinds prior to this (only 37 hands though). I thought it was a spot where he was definitely 3betting me lighter than AK+,QQ, and since he is so tight pre, I think he is not getting it all in without top 2% of hands, and 4bet should show profit in a vacuum if he has 3bet bluffs which I think he may. Easy fold to further preflop action.

On the flop we have 59% equity vs JJ-TT,ATs+,AJo+, I think he never has KK+ and only one combo of QQ so not too worried. I cbet as we can get some value from AT,AJ,AK and maybe even TT, while only worried about AQ(3 combos blocked) and JJ.

Turn improves our equity to 64% but I don't think anything worse is calling a 2nd barrel nor betting so am playing check/fold.

River I didn't see value betting as a possibility so also check/folding here.
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I like 4betting here.

I don't really like cbetting here on the flop. First of all, I am not so sure that this guy 3bet AJ/AT (we do expect him to have bluffs not semi-value hands), so I think his range is likely to hit this board and I would just check/fold here.
      At the end of the day, our intention preflop was to bluff - we didn't succeed so there's nothing bad to just give up postflop.

As played, turn and river are good.

Best,
      Plamen
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      it might be good to hide the results section of posted hands as it has the possibility to skew the answers of those who comment.

i know in this particular hand i have a few thought processes but since i have seen villain's holdings it makes it tough for me to produce a helpful comment.

without seeing villain's hand i agree with your thought process.

we can likely throw most KK/AA out the window. i think all strong value hands are raising your flop cbet on this board texture. also, i think AThh, and then Jxhh would raise this flop too. i think all strong value/combo draws are raising here. so we are likely left with AQ type hands and some A2hh-A5hh/random fds, and maybe pair +gutter type hands.

stack sizing is pretty gross though. pot is already 6.15 and we have 7 behind. if we were deeper with villain i would be more inclined to bet/bet to fold out AQ by river and to get value from fds/pair +gutters.

i think check/giving up though is fine with these stack sizes as AQ would likely just shove over.